RC poster

Slash Vxl Gearing?

I have a stock slash with a vxl running on a 2 cell lipo. The front end pulls so far off of the ground that it has tore the bumper up. What gearing should I do to make it not pull a wheelie so bad?
    Thanks

RC poster
    you should be at 10.2 or so for your gear ratio. go to around 11. something. or sofen the rear suspention a little bit

RC poster
    OK, thanks. So what tooth pinion and Spur, 23 86?

RC Enthusiast
    thats what i run no problem

RC Champion
    You can also loosen the slipper clutch a little at a time alowing for a little less rapid wheel spin untill you find what works for you. On pavement mine moves about 1 1/2 feet before the front wheels lift and it is nice and gradual. In the dirt the front end stays down most of the time.

I tighten the clutch when we want to just bash and show off with wheelies etc
    My gearing is 19t pinion and 86t spur using Proline Gladiator tires.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC poster
    Thanks, I will try that, are the gladiators the best for on road

RC Racer
    I'm on 3s 76/31 and I pop them all the time, but on 86/16 or 18.. it seemed like it didn't do it as much... but also as other are saying adjust your slipper.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003v8 View Post
    Thanks, I will try that, are the gladiators the best for on road
    I don't think the Gladiators would be the best choice for on road as the Gladiators have some excellent side bite as well as forward bite...I run the M2 compound (medium) on the fronts and M3 compound (soft) on the rear.

For smooth clean on road tracks I use Proline Suburbs MX blue groove, the tire is almost a slick so the track needs to be clean and smooth, great forward bite and I can control the slide in the turns.

Also remember clutch setup and suspension are required differently at different tracks whether on or off road.
    Last edited by orca44; 03-07-2012 at 07:33 PM.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC poster
    OK, I was going to the track every once and a while, but now I don't, I just run on concrete in my neighborhood. I was thinking about getting the Street Fighters, but I don't know if they are any good.

RC Champion
    OK, I was going to the track every once and a while, but now I don't, I just run on concrete in my neighborhood. I was thinking about getting the Street Fighters, but I don't know if they are any good.
    I run P/L Street Fighters on my LCG Slash but, while I don't have anything to compare them to other than stock tires, I would say that they are a very good tire for bitumen. I've been very impressed with their traction when compared to say Anacondas and Road Rage 2s I've run on my Rustler.
    Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the RC car

RC poster
    Ok, so i got a new pinion gear today. Now I am running 23/86 gearing and i can tell a lot of difference from before. It seems not to pull the front end as bad. I'm Pleased!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolf View Post
    I run P/L Street Fighters on my LCG Slash but, while I don't have anything to compare them to other than stock tires, I would say that they are a very good tire for bitumen.
    Bitumen Mr. Wolf?? We don't have that in America. (just teasing)
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    Ok, so i got a new pinion gear today. Now I am running 23/86 gearing and i can tell a lot of difference from before. It seems not to pull the front end as bad. I'm Pleased!
    you might like 31/76 better for onroad , even though im running same as you right now lol

RC poster
    Ya, does it make the motor and ESC get hot, because all I am running now is a 2C 4000 Team Orion Lipo battery? Also does it make it pull the front end off of the ground bad, I want to keep it on the ground as much as possible.

RC Competitor
    Im having problems blowing out my street fighters, I was wanting to see if I could put anacondas o you a slash, haven't seen any specifically for the slash???