RC Competitor

Lipo Storage Question

The Trinity EQ charger I have doesn't have a storage mode and the discharge is either down to 6V or 3V. What should I do. From what I understand, should store at 3.6ish. What is the problem storing at a higher voltage?

best to store lipos at 3.85 ish.. it is a bit harder on the cells. over or under voltage..
    run the batts in your truck, & try to hit the 3.8 or below. then put them on the charge & just watch when they are charged back to 3.8 & stop the charge..
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    best to store lipos at 3.85 ish.. it is a bit harder on the cells. over or under voltage..
    run the batts in your truck, & try to hit the 3.8 or below. then put them on the charge & just watch when they are charged back to 3.8 & stop the charge..
    But what if I didn't run the battery all the way down or didn't have a chance to use the charged battery at all. My charger will only discharge to 6v or 3v. Do I just have to set it to 3v, stand over it for hours and take it off when it is around 3.85? Just seems like the discharge takes forever and I'm afraid I will forget about it and let it discharge to 3v.

maybe build a light bulb discharger.....one option......google...
    I charge my batts right before I run, & always have them at storage volts..when not in use. I time my runs so I can get with in a few volts of storge every run..

keep in mind every cycle, is one less cycle before the batteries need to be replaced..
    you just need to be close.. not fully charged (4.20) & not almost dead (3.4)
    3.85 ish
    Would you go flip my truck back over??