RC Qualifier

So who has one in the uk?

I mean a really want one but compared to US price its about the equivalent of 300 more. Why is it so much over here?

I want one but I can't see many parting with 1099 over here, although modelsport has them for 999 it's still too much.

I could buy one in the us for 650 and ship it for 30 but I dread to think how much customs would screw me for.

Sometimes I hate britain despite us being the best country in the world.
    Last edited by revomikey; 03-05-2012 at 11:05 AM.
    Signature removed due to excess awesomeness.

RC Enthusiast
    The US Dollar is so weak that this is what is happening all over the world. It has gotten to a point where international buyers are coming to the USA to buy stuff in order to save money.

Chances are with the customs, it would be about the same in cost, if I were you, I would try and find a hobby shop would will do it for like 999 and call it a day. I shopped around and ended up getting my XO-1 for US$935 :-D

RC Qualifier
    Out of interest I rang customs today to find out how much they would charge import fees. On a 700 car plus 50 postage they would charge me 5% fees plus 20% vat. That's about 200 for nothing.

The uk customs and excise suck.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by hashemio View Post
    The US Dollar is so weak that this is what is happening all over the world. It has gotten to a point where international buyers are coming to the USA to buy stuff in order to save money.

Chances are with the customs, it would be about the same in cost, if I were you, I would try and find a hobby shop would will do it for like 999 and call it a day. I shopped around and ended up getting my XO-1 for US$935 :-D
    i have been into the RC hobby for years on the net. and the high cost of this car in the UK is down to greed. not the currency exchange. some company's from the same country outside the UK. sell into the uk way over the exchange rate while others sell for a bit lower than the exchange rate. at the moment we should be getting it for 600 but we are being charged a extra 300 to 400 just because they can.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Qualifier
    I think you are right turok. It's just been priced that high for greed.

I only paid 600 for the erbe and apart from the controller and bigger motor there seems to be much more for the money with the erbe.

I think it's the 100mph rtr holy grail that is upping the cost.

I was determined to get an x01 before they came out but I won't pay a grand, it's just not worth it.