RC Competitor

SC Tires and Stock Traxxas Wheels

Not a good combo. I'm sure most of you guys know this but I thought I would share. I am still new to all this but when I bought my first wheel/tire combo for my local clay track I decided on J Concepts Bar Codes (blue compound) and stock traxxas wheels (tra6872). I mounted the tires and foam and then glued after reading up and watching youtube vids. The tires seemed sort of soft on the out edge almost like they were flat. When I got the the track I asked the guys if they seemed to be mounted correctly and they agreed with me that they just didnt seem "right" After a few back and fourth emails with jconcepts I got this answer.

What seems to be the issue is with the stock Slash wheel. The
    original wheel tapers down from the large inside bead to the outer bead. All
    of the latest wheels are straight out from bead to the outer bead, therefore
    eliminating the air gap that the taper creates. Your tire, and insert are
    fine, it is the air gap created by the wheel, that has you experiencing a
    soft feel to the outer edge.
    Here are some pics of my setup:

I knew I should have stuck with the black rolux wheels....

RC Racer
    I would have just got the proline split six true beadlocks rims then just got the suburbs tires which are same tread pat......Atleast then all you would ever have to get is the tires you want and switch them out on the rim.....Plus there is no glue involved!!

RC Competitor
    I will keep them in mind for next time, thanks

RC Qualifier
    proline makes a supplemental foam piece so u can put proline tires on stock traxxas wheels workded for me
    [IMG][/IMG]
    EFFORT EQUALS RESULTS