RC Qualifier

Lightbulb How To: Rear Shock Tower Up Front Mod

This thread just shows the simple mod for putting the rear shock tower in the front of your truck. This way, you can use rear 10th scale of 8th scale front shocks on your truck. I did this mod because I just ordered some Hot Bodies D8 Shocks, 2 sets of 97mm. This mod with let you use these shocks all around without modification.

Start by removing the stock or RPM front shock tower. *New rear shock tower must be plastic*

It won't fit facing foward, you have to rotate it to fit.

To use the sway-bars, dremeling just the sides isn't enough . You can sand through the tops holes, the camber links use the holes underneith them.

Using the rear tower up front causes the body sit too tall. You can modify the stock body posts by cutting them in half. This will make the body sit like it did before. If uneven, you can add spacers of washers.

Stock RPM Modified

You will need to ream two new holes. Unless your body is Jconcepts, which has dotted holes for the SC10, which will fit perfectly.

Hope this helped, let me know if you have any questions.

RC Champion
    Why bother ?

My D8's fit without modification of the Towers

All you need is a smaller retainer for the front and a longer rod end for the rear

Cheers
    Slash Platinum
    Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv

RC Qualifier
    Just for now it's temporary, and it will let me use the shocks like I want to. I didn't feel like ordering and waiting for the other needed parts.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by crusey View Post
    Why bother ?

My D8's fit without modification of the Towers

All you need is a smaller retainer for the front and a longer rod end for the rear

Cheers
    I was looking at all his pictures and thinkin GEEZ! Then I read your comment

RC Qualifier
    This an optional mod, it really isn't needed. Some people just like more shock travel up front

RC Racer
    This mod increases up-travel but you can already bottom out your truck. Why not run rear shocks on the front with the front tower and increase down-travel?

IMO down-travel is where its at.
    From parts UNKNOWN