Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: ******* 4s?

  1. #1
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Worcester, Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,396

    ******* 4s?

    how good is the ******* 4s 20-30c lipo 5000mah? its 30 bucks on this website, i thought it would be a good way to get into a 4s lipo for cheap money. is this something i should buy? this battery will be run with the 2400 mamba max sct combo
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

  2. #2
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lilydale, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    2,845
    30c is too low with that motor

    The 5000mah 40c *******s work well

    Cheers
    Slash Platinum
    Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan, in the Thumb
    Posts
    267
    I run ******* 4s 4500mah 30-40c and they work great for my MMM 2200kv setup. geared 16/54 I have had them for about 8 months with no problems.
    MMM 2200kv 4x4 Slash
    1/10 Rally
    1/16 Slash

  4. #4
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Worcester, Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,396
    Quote Originally Posted by crusey View Post
    30c is too low with that motor

    The 5000mah 40c *******s work well

    Cheers
    why is 30c too low? does that mean my venom 5400mah 3s 25c lipo would be bad for that motor?
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Queens, NY/Orlando, FL
    Posts
    488
    I'm running a cheap ******* 4S Hard Case 20-30C on my SCT 2400 geared to the moon without issue






    I'll be ordering a second pack as soon as I sell my 3S pack

  6. #6
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lilydale, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    2,845
    I'm sure they will work but you wont get the most out of the motor with lower spec packs

    Hitting a certain speed is not indication that the pack is performing well

    Higher spec pack will hold a higher voltage under load

    Decent 40c packs are cheap no idea why you would want to run anything less

    Throw a datalogger on and tell me how good your lower spec packs are actually performing

    Cheers
    Last edited by crusey; 03-04-2012 at 08:26 PM.
    Slash Platinum
    Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Queens, NY/Orlando, FL
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by crusey View Post

    Higher spec pack will hold a higher voltage under load
    I'm sure it will, but if I'm already at the point where a squeeze of the trigger causes back flips, I don't really see the need for more power


    Decent 40c packs are cheap no idea why you would want to run anything less
    Have a link to these low priced packs?

    I couldn't find a 5000mAH hard case pack for less than $90 at any LHS, but there are plenty of these on Ebay for $50 with good reviews, so I took a chance on it


    Throw a datalogger on and tell me how good your lower spec packs are actually performing

    Cheers
    I'll have to try this as soon as I get a new stub axle (snapped the LF yesterday)

  8. #8
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lilydale, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    2,845
    ******* 5000mah 40c
    Gensace 5000mah 40c
    SPC 5400mah 50c

    Cheers
    Slash Platinum
    Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv

  9. #9
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Worcester, Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,396
    Quote Originally Posted by 98 SNAKE EATER View Post
    I'm running a cheap ******* 4S Hard Case 20-30C on my SCT 2400 geared to the moon without issue






    I'll be ordering a second pack as soon as I sell my 3S pack
    what gearing do you use with the 2400? does it get hot? how much run time?
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Queens, NY/Orlando, FL
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasFTW View Post
    what gearing do you use with the 2400? does it get hot? how much run time?
    I change my gearing based on the terrain I run on (I have just about all ratios Traxxas offers as well as a few from RR and CC), but since my main use is chasing down traffic, I usually run a 25T or 26T pinion and a 50T spur.

    No real heat issues so far and I get around 20-25 minutes of bash time before the LVC starts to kick in (3.7v)

    I recently munched my CC 26T pinion /50T spur, so I threw in a 19T pinion and 52T spur for some backyard bashing and snapped a front stub axle after a couple of packs, but managed a good 30-35 minutes of hard bashing with that gearing and the motor was still cool to the touch

  11. #11
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Worcester, Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,396
    Quote Originally Posted by 98 SNAKE EATER View Post
    I change my gearing based on the terrain I run on (I have just about all ratios Traxxas offers as well as a few from RR and CC), but since my main use is chasing down traffic, I usually run a 25T or 26T pinion and a 50T spur.

    No real heat issues so far and I get around 20-25 minutes of bash time before the LVC starts to kick in (3.7v)

    I recently munched my CC 26T pinion /50T spur, so I threw in a 19T pinion and 52T spur for some backyard bashing and snapped a front stub axle after a couple of packs, but managed a good 30-35 minutes of hard bashing with that gearing and the motor was still cool to the touch
    how fast would 19/52 get you on 4s? 3s?
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

  12. #12
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lilydale, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    2,845
    Learn to use this speed calc then you can work it out for yourself

    http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html

    19/52 with stock sized tires would be 45 mph (3s) or 60 mph (4s)

    Cheers
    Slash Platinum
    Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •