Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    You will feel a bit less stable with the protrac wheels but, simply increase your camber for front by a handfuls of degrees and also the rear, but just a few. I believe it will gibe you more ability than you have as of now. Keep the nose up, allow a touch of sag in the rear but, not enough to let a tire come up on your fastest/tightest corner. This is a really nice setting in my case with protrac. I've enjoyed the 2wd for almost 2 years and now my MIP's are in for this set up too. Im stoked! Also happy to hear how well its doing for you!
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Racer
    Will the mip xduty shafts work with the protrac kit?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robgdds View Post
    Will the mip xduty shafts work with the protrac kit?
    you can order the lower shafts for 2wd pede if you already have a sl4sh set. Or the full 2wd pede xd's if you don't have the slash sets already (2 for full set f/r). Also get 2 front axles for slash 4wd to convert one of the 2wd pede sets for the fronts on your slash. This is info that's listed on the proline site.... not just my ideas! Good luck with your kit, it'll change all you know about a sl4sh as a racer. I would consider this a massive step to a race ready truck. If a lcg chassis is out of reach or just outside of your budget, this is an incredible step in that direction with a fraction of the cost.
    Last edited by thedreadedend; 03-22-2012 at 11:09 AM.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Racer
    Had a chance to run the truck this afternoon. Excellent. The truck handles so good now that its like a new truck. I did notice that it has a couple quirks but they are minor compared to the problems with the stock suspension that this kit solved.

It has been claimed that this kit improves traction and it does, coming out of corners. If there was an increase in straight line traction I didn't notice it. But in the corners traction was way better. I was able to brake later and get back on the power sooner. Traction roll is reduced by 80% IMO. All this new performance may not be just the protrac kit but a combination of protrac and the rear SCTE 4x4 shocks I'm running up font on the truck (added at the same time, no stand alone testing). I'm not sure. If I had to guess I would credit most of this to the protrac. Wider is better, right?

Best thing to happen to my truck since sway bars.
    From parts UNKNOWN

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by grn_bstrd View Post
    All other suspension settings and adjustments were exactly the same as when I was running the RPM arms yet it worked so much better. I don't even feel a need to tune it (can't believe it could get much better).
    So you don't need to buy anything but the A arms? Not even the new turn buckles?

Just for reference, it would be just the arms in this listing?
    http://prolineracing.com/performance...nsion-kit-4x4/
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4wd
    When does it stop?

RC Qualifier
    I have a dedicated basher slash 4x4 , can I just buy all 4 arms and mount them up using my 17mm adapters & 1/8 buggy wheels?

RC Competitor
    yes u need to but the turn buckles to

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by montego650 View Post
    yes u need to but the turn buckles to
    Thanks, couldn't see how it would work any other way......
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4wd
    When does it stop?

RC Qualifier
    So to mount up the wide arms with my 17mm adapters and buggy wheels I'd need turnbuckles that are longer also and it will work? Any part # for those ? What car do they come from ? Thankyou

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by justpassedu View Post
    So to mount up the wide arms with my 17mm adapters and buggy wheels I'd need turnbuckles that are longer also and it will work? Any part # for those ? What car do they come from ? Thankyou
    the protrac kit comes with the arms, and the longer turnbuckles, it will work only with the stock plastic driveshaft or with the MIP's with the longer shaft.

RC Qualifier
    Good to know but I don't need the whole kit bc I'm running 17mm wheels and tires and I'd have no use for the wheels it comes with , that's why I'm asking if anyone knows what turnbuckles to use so I can purchase everything separate ? I have been running the stock driveshafts with no problems and mmm power so I guess I'm good on that part.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    get the one for the pede it doesn't come with the wheels, just the arms and turnbuckles.

RC Qualifier
    Thankyou good idea , I think it may be cheaper though still buying the arms and turnbuckles separately

RC Enthusiast
    I have the kit with the rims and found even after switching to the rims/wheels that the truck still ran great!