RC Enthusiast

rear bearing keep going in hubs

how do u guys run your mips ? teflon washer inside and out ? i go through 4-6 bearings every race day . i think its the pin or washers rubbing the bearings .

thanks guys , also anyone use rpm rear hubs instead of alum ?

RC Competitor
    I just started using MIP rear x dutys and have the same question. I tried both washers (inside and out) but it seemed too tight so I left out the inside washer and put one under the hex pin. That seems borderline too loose and I have excessive hub play after 4 runs or so.

RC Racer
    well slash i emailed matt @mip and asked him this same ? Ill reply with his answer tomorrow.

RC Qualifier
    ATC please do lets us know what matt says about the washer bearinG issue we all have.
    I've been doing some homework and found out the Boca Green seal bearings are very
    durable the green seal keeps dirt and other stuff out Plus they are allready lubed.
    i just ordered the kit for $40 it says it come with all the bearing sizes that you would need
    for your slash. I know that these boca's are allready lubed but I like to store my bearings
    in one of those hotel mini ketchup jars with mobile One systhenic motor oil. This way
    when i need to replace a bearing its WELL lubed. I also wipe the outside of the bearing
    off with a napkin just so it doesnt attrack dirt so bad then pop it in and your to go.
    If Moblie 1 can keep my work car running with 175,000 miles i think it will do JUST
    FINE with my bearings in my MMP 2400 on 3s or 4s...
    BASH!! BASH!! BASH!! & BASH IT AGAIN!! <CAGE RAGE>

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by CAGE410 View Post
    ATC please do lets us know what matt says about the washer bearinG issue we all have.
    I've been doing some homework and found out the Boca Green seal bearings are very
    durable the green seal keeps dirt and other stuff out Plus they are allready lubed.
    i just ordered the kit for $40 it says it come with all the bearing sizes that you would need
    for your slash. I know that these boca's are allready lubed but I like to store my bearings
    in one of those hotel mini ketchup jars with mobile One systhenic motor oil. This way
    when i need to replace a bearing its WELL lubed. I also wipe the outside of the bearing
    off with a napkin just so it doesnt attrack dirt so bad then pop it in and your to go.
    If Moblie 1 can keep my work car running with 175,000 miles i think it will do JUST
    FINE with my bearings in my MMP 2400 on 3s or 4s...
    I dont run the mips but i do use them gs boca bearings and After every race and after every practice i tear down entire truck and clean my bearings and the truck and i have had 3 rear hub bearings go out mp completly but they are not smooth like they were new all the other areas have been fine........so not sure what the problem is but they have only been ran maybe 4 races one day and 4 practices or so.....I emailed boca about this and i am waiting on a reply....I fugured they would hold up better.

RC Enthusiast
    i think bearings are fine , its the washer or pin that tears it up from the wobble or something , not sure , going to run rpm hubs to see if they work better , they are very tight to were as the aluminum the bearing sat in there sloppy.

ii have green bocas , just didnt put them in yet , and my friend atcslasher has them in and they are wearing out already so who knows . but we do beat the snot out of our trucks , lol , high expectations from all venders !!!!

I have only used the inside washer for a year with no problems. Two is too tight!!!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I have only used the inside washer for a year with no problems. Two is too tight!!!
    So i am using the GH alum rear hubs and so do you think using them 2 washers is the poss problem why my bearings are starting to fail on rear hubs?? Since you said your only using the inside one now...???

I sure think so. I have never had a problem. I would have had a hard time getting two in there. It was really tight.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Racer
    Well i got a email back from matt. Although he didnt really give me a answer to my ? about the washers he did tell me that there will be a new version of either stub axles or complete new axles in the near future. I also wanna add that MIP has some of the best customer service and support i have seen in the RC industry. He also wants me to beta test the new versions once they become available. (btw ATC means Add to Cart Racing) we know how to test parts lol.

As far as the washer thing goes im gonna keep using the one washer on the inside of the back stub axles. Not 2 like traxxis uses on the stockers. As Elsob mentioned it just too tight of a fit. Im also gonna use some sort of bearing compound to keep the bearings snug in the hubs. Hopefully it will help. To be continued...............

RC Racer
    Forgot to mention Im gonna try some Fast eddy bearings at the wheels. They worked great in the baja's

RC Qualifier
    i Wonder what would happen if we used both washers even tho its a tight fit do ya'll think
    it would cause problems other than maybe causing the bearing to seize up.
    BASH!! BASH!! BASH!! & BASH IT AGAIN!! <CAGE RAGE>