RC Enthusiast

Wink I need advice on a battery and charger

Hi everyone, Im just about to buy a Traxxas Slash 4x4 1/10 scale and want to order an extra battery with longer drive time and also a good battery charger for faster charging. Im sure if I dont right away I will go with a lipo battery soon so I need a charger that can charge that too. I really know nothing about either of these two products so please give me some good info that I can understand that will help me decide what to buy for my new truck. Thanks for the help.

RC Qualifier
    ive had great luck with gens ace 2s lipos and im charging with a skycharger 6200. i wouldnt go any cheaper on a charger. mine has done me very well . most bang for the buck.also buy a lipo fire safe bag. only charge lipo upto 5 amps. i would go to the lipo now than goin with nimh.
    EFFORT EQUALS RESULTS

RC Racer
    I mostly use SPC lipos (Spec Point Concepts). They're pretty popular on these boards, and carry a good name. I ordered two 2s 5000's and a 3s 5000 from Tom. He's a nice guy, but he couldn't really understand me over the phone with my southern accent. My batts are still working fine a couple years later. As for a charger, I use the Duratrax Onyx 230 AC/DC charger. It runs around $80, and it has a 5yr manufacturer's warranty. The only drawback is you have to use an Astro Blinky balancer ($25), or any other similar plug-in balancer with the Onyx 230. I've been using that charger/balancer combo for a while now with no complaints. It's pretty bullet-proof actually.

RC Qualifier
    hey there again.... im running a 3s 11.1v lipo and charging it with a hitec x4 ac/dc charger i bought from tower hobbies .. it charges 4 batterys at once and charges multiple types lipo , nimh.. nicd..life .. check it out .. but before you order any more from tower .. place that first order for your truck and let me know what you decide as far as how much you are going to spend there for a baterry and charger ... ill get you another code to save you some more money...

RC Enthusiast
    hi def man hooking it up again =) Thanks. After I figure out exactly what Im going to do I'll let you know.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by justinr77 View Post
    hi def man hooking it up again =) Thanks. After I figure out exactly what Im going to do I'll let you know.
    no problem

RC Qualifier
    check your inbox i sent them to you.... hope you can use them