Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    285

    tekno drive shafts popping out on me !!!! :$#!!:

    title says it all ... i just installed these and tried them on my local indoor track ... boy was i popping these out like crazy .. .... anyone on here have these installed ???? i knew i should of went with the mip's x-dutys.... any setup suggestions anyone have or want to share ... please feel free... im stumped....

  2. #2
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    222
    you must move your supspension to one of the outer holes on the a-arm. This will restrict suspension travel (Which you may not like) but it does stop them from popping out

  3. #3
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    El Sobrante, Ca
    Posts
    7,452
    That is the exact reason I bought Mip X-Duty's over a year ago. I just leave them alone and don't worry about them.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Springfield, Ma.
    Posts
    3,356
    I only had them pop on hard hits to the arm. But lowering the overall suspension hight is what will help keep them in the cups. If you run rpm arms, it will contribute to the fallout because of flex so if its really causing havoc, go back to stock arms or alloy. I regimens stock bit only if your dead set on a high stance. Drop your over all chassis hight by moving your bottom and top shock mount locations. This will require some tunning for the track to but what you need to do it keep it low, and decrease the amount of drop in the arms. When you come of the ground your arms drop to full shock extension, this is what you need to limit. Also, lower stance will benefit your lap times and the truck overall performance so it can be a win-win deal here. Hope you get it in order for your race! I ran a full season with only one dnf from popping the Tekno out. On the track, I feel that MIP's can add enough weight and wobble to affect your truck and laptimes but that's nothing more than my opinion. Keep um in there and getter tuned, before long you will feel like you made the right decision. P.s. I watched 2 MIP's hd sets fail at the track last night. One of witch was an owner of team rce. He was going to buy my used Tekno set but the were a bit stiff and needed some attention before use. Hope that helps you feel a bit more confident in your purchase.
    Here's some visual help... at this hight, them only pop on a massive impact. Do you see how deep they are in the cups? When you pick up your truck, make sure the bones end is still well in that cup.

    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    I only had them pop on hard hits to the arm. But lowering the overall suspension hight is what will help keep them in the cups. If you run rpm arms, it will contribute to the fallout because of flex so if its really causing havoc, go back to stock arms or alloy. I regimens stock bit only if your dead set on a high stance. Drop your over all chassis hight by moving your bottom and top shock mount locations. This will require some tunning for the track to but what you need to do it keep it low, and decrease the amount of drop in the arms. When you come of the ground your arms drop to full shock extension, this is what you need to limit. Also, lower stance will benefit your lap times and the truck overall performance so it can be a win-win deal here. Hope you get it in order for your race! I ran a full season with only one dnf from popping the Tekno out. On the track, I feel that MIP's can add enough weight and wobble to affect your truck and laptimes but that's nothing more than my opinion. Keep um in there and getter tuned, before long you will feel like you made the right decision. P.s. I watched 2 MIP's hd sets fail at the track last night. One of witch was an owner of team rce. He was going to buy my used Tekno set but the were a bit stiff and needed some attention before use. Hope that helps you feel a bit more confident in your purchase.
    Here's some visual help... at this hight, them only pop on a massive impact. Do you see how deep they are in the cups? When you pick up your truck, make sure the bones end is still well in that cup.

    hey thanks for the info... yes makes me more confident in my purchase... ive gone ahead and went back to stock arms and lowered my shock positions and seems to help... need to try on the track to be sure .... say i hate to ask this but i see that your running castle in your pics there... what package you have ???? ive been looking around at upgrading my esc and motor .... not sure of what to use ... any pointers you have ???? thanks

  6. #6
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    222
    That's the mamba max pro 2400 sct edition. I have it too and it is awesome!!

  7. #7
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Springfield, Ma.
    Posts
    3,356
    Quote Originally Posted by ASneakyGoomba View Post
    That's the mamba max pro 2400 sct edition. I have it too and it is awesome!!
    He's right but, this combo is intended for 3s and 4s so that's something outside of most race tracks rules. I do run a 2s on the carpet with this set up with sc wheels and all the rest sc. It is way to fast on 3s and simply bakes the tires of on the carpet. 2s gets me down to a similar run with the other guys. Its not ideal and may even do damage over time so that's something to consider. It does however make for an intense basher and all around experience off the track.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by ASneakyGoomba View Post
    That's the mamba max pro 2400 sct edition. I have it too and it is awesome!!
    hows it compare to the velineon system as far as speed ????

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    He's right but, this combo is intended for 3s and 4s so that's something outside of most race tracks rules. I do run a 2s on the carpet with this set up with sc wheels and all the rest sc. It is way to fast on 3s and simply bakes the tires of on the carpet. 2s gets me down to a similar run with the other guys. Its not ideal and may even do damage over time so that's something to consider. It does however make for an intense basher and all around experience off the track.
    thanks for all the info...

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    That is the exact reason I bought Mip X-Duty's over a year ago. I just leave them alone and don't worry about them.
    you took the words right out of my mouth w/ one exception i only had mine a 1 1/2 months

    my buddy got the splined mip's for his 2wd pede and he haves the same problem as the teknos its a flaw in the design
    Last edited by Koda Dank; 03-04-2012 at 11:19 AM.

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    285
    how much extra weight do the mip x dutys add to the vehical ???? anyone know off hand ... thanks

  12. #12
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    626
    get a pair of rear outdrives and put them on the front, they fit 100% and will not pop out. there a slight pit longer. you can even test fit your current rear ones. i got fed up with fronts poping out so i put on the stock arms. after putting rear cups on the front with rpm arms it hasnt happend once. keep the teknos, you aint gunna see a honda with mip hd style driveshafts for a reason

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    He's right but, this combo is intended for 3s and 4s so that's something outside of most race tracks rules. I do run a 2s on the carpet with this set up with sc wheels and all the rest sc. It is way to fast on 3s and simply bakes the tires of on the carpet. 2s gets me down to a similar run with the other guys. Its not ideal and may even do damage over time so that's something to consider. It does however make for an intense basher and all around experience off the track.
    also on your setup were you able to use the stock mounting location for the esc ????

  14. #14
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by ross93 View Post
    get a pair of rear outdrives and put them on the front, they fit 100% and will not pop out. there a slight pit longer. you can even test fit your current rear ones. i got fed up with fronts poping out so i put on the stock arms. after putting rear cups on the front with rpm arms it hasnt happend once. keep the teknos, you aint gunna see a honda with mip hd style driveshafts for a reason
    i plan on keeping them ... if any thing happens to them ill probably just switch to the mip x dutys then ...

  15. #15
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Springfield, Ma.
    Posts
    3,356
    Yes, I made or simply cut a lexan plate that fits around the motor and reamed some holes for the plate to fasten in factory location. Once that's done I screw it down, wipe lexan and esc with alcahol to clean oils off, then double stick the esc to my plate. From that point on, just take the screws out and remove the full assembly when needed.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •