RC Enthusiast

Question Cheapest place to buy Traxxas Slash 4x4 online??????? 1/10 scale

Hi everyone, I was wondering what the cheapest place is to buy the 4x4 slash online. I saw it for like $360 2 weeks ago but wasn't ready to buy it yet. Wish I would have bought it now. Anyone know the cheapest place for me to buy this truck? Thanks for the info. Justin

RC Champion
    Join the Tower super saver club and use discount coupons

Cheers
    Slash Platinum
    Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I wish I had gone through tower. I decided id go the local hobby shop way to help out the little man and ended up overpaying by about $70.

RC poster
    amainhobbys.com

i just got a slash 4x4 for $345 shipped

search for an online coupon for the website to get that price

RC Racer
    Hobby Lobby's are independantly owned so different stores can charge different prices. The one in Dallas off of Walnut Hill is cheaper than the one in Arlington. Might check them out.

RC Racer
    check craigslist, you can get one in very good condition with tons of upgrades and extras for around $300

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by crusey View Post
    Join the Tower super saver club and use discount coupons

Cheers

THIS!!

I got mine for $304 bucks shipped after coupons

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for everyone that responded to help me out. Ive been trying to find discount codes for these RC sites and most of the codes are expired or not that good. If anyone knows of any specific codes that are working please share them. If I can get the Slash 4x4 for $304 shipped like snake eater I'll buy that right now. Even Scutt got it for $345 shipped. Sign me up for that too! Again thanks for any help............

RC Enthusiast
    Looks like tower hobbie has those trucks on back order until April as well. Bummer.

RC Enthusiast
    Just to add amainhobbys.com is located here in CA very close to where I live so Id have to pay about $35 in taxes. Id like to find a deal out of CA so I can get away from the extra $35-$40 in taxes. I wish I could find something soon so I can order this.

RC Racer
    Fleabay can be pretty good at times. I got a new Ultimate for $430 shipped.

RC Champion
    Controlled With Remote is right, check craigslist, i got an ultimate with powerstrokes for 130!
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Qualifier
    Dirt Cheap RC usually has pretty good prices on new Traxxas cars. I got my 4x4 for $360 without having to find coupons or join any rewards programs. Sure, they can be found for cheaper if you really try, but there's something to be said for simple!
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by justinr77 View Post
    Thanks for everyone that responded to help me out. Ive been trying to find discount codes for these RC sites and most of the codes are expired or not that good. If anyone knows of any specific codes that are working please share them. If I can get the Slash 4x4 for $304 shipped like snake eater I'll buy that right now. Even Scutt got it for $345 shipped. Sign me up for that too! Again thanks for any help............
    join tower hobbies and get free shipping and heres a code to get $50.00 off your order... use 010LY at check out....only good for a limited time thou.. hope this helps... good luck to you in your journey...
    Last edited by hi def man; 03-04-2012 at 11:02 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    hi def man, Thanks for the code! They are all on back order besides the only one that I really didn't want. Grey and black. I read online that could be until late April. When I called them they had no idea they said. $50 off is a great deal but do you happen to have a code for more off if I spend more? Kind of wondering if I get the Slash Ultimate if that would be ready to be shipped out and it might be worth it if I got more off. Thanks for the code hi def man. I might just get the grey one if I have to wait a month or so for the other colors.

RC Qualifier
    hi def man, Thanks for the code! They are all on back order besides the only one that I really didn't want. Grey and black. I read online that could be until late April. When I called them they had no idea they said. $50 off is a great deal but do you happen to have a code for more off if I spend more? Kind of wondering if I get the Slash Ultimate if that would be ready to be shipped out and it might be worth it if I got more off. Thanks for the code hi def man. I might just get the grey one if I have to wait a month or so for the other colors.
    no sorry.... thats as high as they got it for coupons go.... i just got that in a email today... that code is for $300 or more in purchased goods.... so you should be set.....

RC Qualifier
    which one you looking at if i might ask?????

RC Enthusiast
    Either red and black or black and red. Either one. I might just have to go with the grey one if it is going to save me $50. But then if I want to buy the other color top I'll drop $40 on that after wards. If that is the case I'll just use the grey one until I need to replace it if it broke or cracked.

RC Qualifier
    Either red and black or black and red. Either one. I might just have to go with the grey one if it is going to save me $50. But then if I want to buy the other color top I'll drop $40 on that after wards. If that is the case I'll just use the grey one until I need to replace it if it broke or cracked.
    go on there website and look at the one you want ... then scroll down and there should be a option to change bodys.... look in the tech notes ... options should be high lighted in blue... click on it... let me know how it goes fore you....

RC Enthusiast
    I did and found all but the grey one was on back order so I called them and they said they really dont have any idea if they will get them right away or a month from now. Plus she said it depends on how many they have sold that people are waiting on and how many comes in. I really dont like the grey one but might just go with it. For spending that much money though you sure want to make sure you get the one you really like. That code was pretty much exactly what I was looking for though. Thanks for hooking it up.

RC Qualifier
    I did and found all but the grey one was on back order so I called them and they said they really dont have any idea if they will get them right away or a month from now. Plus she said it depends on how many they have sold that people are waiting on and how many comes in. I really dont like the grey one but might just go with it. For spending that much money though you sure want to make sure you get the one you really like. That code was pretty much exactly what I was looking for though. Thanks for hooking it up.
    hey no problem.... glad i could help... let me know if i could be of further assistance in your journey....

RC Competitor
    I think I paid $379 at stormerhobbies for my S4x4/TQi radio combo.
    E-Maxx 3903-Twin KD 700 HO-SPC 6900 2s 70C

RC Enthusiast
    Hi def man, I tried to buy it today from tower hobbies and it wouldn't let me use that code since Im not actually a Tower Hobbies SS Club member. I went to sign up on the website and it is $10. I think if I signed up and paid the $10 and did that before ordering my truck it would work the next time I signed in to purchase it. I called the 800 number and asked them and the lady wasn't to excited about my idea and said no that number wasn't emailed to me and I can't use it. I had the feeling I could and think it would work. Not sure if it is worth the hassle to buy the member ship not knowing if it would work and then the truck is on back order too. I asked her if she knew when they would get them in and she said they have no idea again like the last lady I asked. Not sure what to do.....?????? I'll check some of these other sites that hopefully have them instock but might cost a little more.

Can I ask everyone whats up with the Slash Ultimate? I know it is a Slash with upgrades but is it really worth the extra $140? Sounds like it might just be more durable. True? Wondering if I found a deal on that if it would be worth the extra cash? Im happy to spend the extra money but like to get a good deal cheaper than the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by traxxasFTW View Post
    Controlled With Remote is right, check craigslist, i got an ultimate with powerstrokes for 130!
    I also agree. I bought a highly modified Slash 4x4 and a 4x4 Ultimate for $350.00!!!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    Hi everyone, I was wondering what the cheapest place is to buy the 4x4 slash online. I saw it for like $360 2 weeks ago but wasn't ready to buy it yet. Wish I would have bought it now. Anyone know the cheapest place for me to buy this truck? Thanks for the info. Justin
    Try here. www.amainhobbies.com/ I think the Points program is a great idea. 1 dollar, = 1 point!
    U |_ 7 1 |\/| 4 7 3 7 R 4 >< >< 4 !

RC Qualifier
    Hi Justin, when I was younger and I got my first traxxas it was the slash 1/10 and I got it from traxxas,becuase it was the cheapest at the time, the lesson is sometimes you just need to go eBay though. That's where I got my second one