RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar

just put your shafts, hubs, carries on my sl4sh-do you think they'll hold the torque?

Just wondering about your wear and tear on the shafts and axles. Lots of crash pics floating the net, how's your holding up to torque and crashed?

They look a bit thin but how's the offroad gonna treat them? That'd what I'm wondering. I'm putting a less aggressive tire this week so its not going to be quite as hard on it.
    Last edited by thedreadedend; 03-02-2012 at 02:04 AM.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Qualifier
    If they can hold up to 1650kv big block on 6 or 8s I am pretty sure you should be fine

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitchen View Post
    If they can hold up to 1650kv big block on 6 or 8s I am pretty sure you should be fine
    What kitchen said

Im not just dismissing your responded but do you think your can can hook and in turn give the kind of jolt my 4s 2400 will give,? You have slicks

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    Im not just dismissing your responded but do you think your can can hook and in turn give the kind of jolt my 4s 2400 will give,? You have slicks
    What do drag cars use? In a lot of the country it's too cold for traction with the slicks. Where it's warm enough there is plenty of traction. The slick warmed up will have more grip then any tire you have on the slash.

RC Champion
    Dreaded what the gain here over mip xdutys. With a slash 4x4 mt you have bigger tires to move, and usually a pretty heavy truck. My trenchers probably have more grip than xo1 slicks.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Apexracing View Post
    Dreaded what the gain here over mip xdutys. With a slash 4x4 mt you have bigger tires to move, and usually a pretty heavy truck. My trenchers probably have more grip than xo1 slicks.
    That's my thought also. I have about 6-8lbs of truck doing backflips on a pull of the trigger if I run a stir slipper. Guess I was willing to take a chance. Im thinking these are the shafts that will soon be offered to us for sl4sh so why not give them a try. They are as beefy as my Tekno set and I put a few bones in the scrap pile but I'm happy with them, they have taken a serious beat down for the last 9 months. I bent up the axles on my MIP's, replaced parts, then eventually got some massive speed wobble from them while running high speed so they hit the scale pile too. I love the looks of these traxxas shafts and traxxas has always made a reliable upgrade so I though, lets give it heck and "see what we see"
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 03-02-2012 at 12:45 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    That's my thought also. I have about 6-8lbs of truck doing backflips on a pull of the trigger if I run a stir slipper. Guess I was willing to take a chance. Im thinking these are the shafts that will soon be offered to us for sl4sh so why not give them a try. They are as beefy *** my Tekno set and I put a few bones in the scrap pile but I'm happy with them, they have taken a serious beat down for the last 9 months. I bent up the axles on my MIP's, replaced parts, then eventually got some massive speed wobble from them while running high speed so they hit the scale pile too. I love the looks of these traxxas shafts and traxxas has always made a reliable upgrade so I though, lets give it heck and "see what we see"
    well lmk i'm going to be putting up new pics of my build. I plan on running 3s and 4s so i'm hoping these mip's hold up for me.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Apexracing View Post
    Trenchers will probably have more grip off road but on road is a whole different story, you have to compare the two in their native habitat. On-road the surface area touching the ground on pavement rules.

I just got done tearing up a set of trenchers on my sl4ash with MIPs. The MIPs are much beefier and heavier which means some power is gonna be lost by the time it gets to the wheels, so take that into account when choosing between the two.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I put the shafts on my 2wd Slash... They do look thin, but with dual CV's, nice splined slider... I think they'll do ok.

They should be stronger than the stock 4x shafts, but they feel weaker than a Summit CV.... but I don't have any hard numbers to back that up.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by powers View Post
    Trenchers will probably have more grip off road but on road is a whole different story, you have to compare the two in their native habitat. On-road the surface area touching the ground on pavement rules.

I just got done tearing up a set of trenchers on my sl4ash with MIPs. The MIPs are much beefier and heavier which means some power is gonna be lost by the time it gets to the wheels, so take that into account when choosing between the two.
    Idk they are pretty soft but there isnt allot of surface area. The weight of the mips im fine with. Seems to be negalble since im runnin the mmp sct 2400 on 3s and maybe 4s.

RC poster
    Do these fit the 2WD Slash without any modification?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Race Man View Post
    Do these fit the 2WD Slash without any modification?
    You'll need the carriers and bearings for the XO-1 as well, and if you're going to stick with the 12mm hex, you'll probably need Teckno's 12mm hexes for their 6mm axles too.
    Aw, Biscuits!

Tekno 12mm does not fit. The hex would need modding and the hole on axle is a bit more to the threads. I put these on in place of Tekno m6 set for testing.