Thread: Cvd help

RC Racer

Post Cvd help

I just got my emaxx today. They have CVD's on them, Im trying to get to the transmisson, but i cant open the CVD's. The only way i can do it, is by opening up the whole differential. Let me know if theres any other way.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL143.../269751926.jpg

RC Qualifier
    Those don't look like stock Traxxas CVDs. You should have enough room to slide the end off to clear the output shafts of the diffs & transmission. As far as taking them apart, from what I remember using CVDS on my old 3908, you should be able to slide back the boot, slide the collar and remove the pin.

RC Racer
    Im sorry, the ones on the picture arent the ones I have. There is a link underneath the picture, those are the ones I have.
    They look like this
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10...terDobones.jpg
    Last edited by ControlledWithRemote; 03-01-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Pull the pin out of the cups.

By pullin then pin on the trany side you should be able to slide the cup farther back onto the output shaft allowing the bone to drop out.

If there isn't enough room then you may have to pull the mount bolts from the trany and lift it a little to get the dog bone out.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Champion
    You can also slacken the trans screws or take them out all together. Thats what I do when I get frustrated.

RC Racer
    Can someone please make a video on how to remove them. That would be nice, so I can actually drive my Emaxx for the first time.

RC Racer
    I unscrewed both the small screws from each side and it still isnt coming out.

RC Qualifier
    Just unscrew the two bolts that mount your bulkheads to your chassis and unscrew your skid plate give it a little turn and VIOLA! But now that i looked at your video again you removed your chassis braces soo just unscrew the bulkhead from the chassis just on side not both
    Last edited by MAYHEM6969; 03-03-2012 at 12:49 PM.
    I BLAME ALL THIS ON POPOXX!

RC Qualifier
    Man, those things are in tight. My old 3906 had the opposite problem of them falling out.

RC Qualifier
    Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I BLAME ALL THIS ON POPOXX!