RC Competitor

Anyone Brave enough to mod a TQi?

I just got my new 3 channel TQi radio with docking station, first thing I did like nearly everything I have is dismantle it and see whats new.
    Inside I find a spot on the main board clearly intended for use with the 4/5 channel switch.

Attaching a switch doesn't do anything, and unfortunately there's no 'VCC' port to earth and see if anything happens from there, also tried resetting the unit and having a general poke around of the pins, some turning the unit of and on again, but with no change to settings.

So far I've fount the thumb switch is three position capable, possibly analogue I'll confirm at a later point.

Just wondering if anyone else is on the case to unlock extra channels?

RC Racer
    That's good news on channel 3.
    I might well get the 5 channel version once they become available. That was one of the things putting me off.
    How does the app deal with the centre off modification on channel 3?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Can you post some hi-res pictures? I would like to see it's inside... I'm dying just to have one to hack it... (PeterV is probably reading this and saying, you won't be able to do it, wanna bet?)...

Last edited by danielhr77; 03-01-2012 at 02:00 PM.
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Competitor
    The app has no effect on channel three. All the app controls is if its normal or reversed direction, but no trim or speed control. I'll see about some photos next time I dismantle the thing.
    I would like to used it before I wreck it.

RC Racer
    Really? I thought it would have lots more functionality than that, for all the 3 extra channels.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    A friend of mine just got his new EMaxx... I think I started something. lol
    Anyway, it came with a TQi... if he lets me I will open it up just for pictures.
    I know he is not going to let me play around and unlock channels 3-4/5 for him.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    Hi Guys

I bought the new Revo 2012 with TQi 3 channel and Iphone dock. I'd like to know also about discovery how to unlock channel 4 but I saw many foruns and videos and no success. My radio is opened now and I did make a movie about the last test but no success. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HX5ueFWD_E

RC poster
    Hi Guys

I bought the new Revo 2012 with TQi 3 channel and Iphone dock. I'd like to know also about discovery how to unlock channel 4 but I saw many foruns and videos and no success. My radio is opened now and I did make a movie about the last test but no success. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HX5ueFWD_E