RC Competitor

pic of my XO-1 beginning mods ..

heres a pic of the start of some mods to my XO-1 .... workin on doing the screen in the air duct and doing a custom NACA duct for feeding air to the ESC for cooling

RC Competitor
    ok lets try that again... bigger this time... LOL
    if it doesnt work.. its a picture of body pins with cables on them to the body like race car hood pins

and makes it easier to remove the rear pins by pulling the cables

By certifiableivan at 2012-02-28

RC poster
    Looks good so far. I recommend putting avid racing ceramic revolutions bearings on all four out drive shafts if possible. I did that after my first run and i seems to let the drive shafts move with very little friction and minimal vibration at speed. Rated for pretty high temps as well. Try it out.

RC Qualifier
    I like the cable idea. I thought of doing that. Thanks for the reminder.

RC Competitor
    heres the front pins done as well ...

thanks for the info on the bearing swap outs, i'll do that as well

By certifiableivan at 2012-02-29

RC Competitor
    sorry.... that was a before i finished it .... heres the finished job

By certifiableivan at 2012-02-29

RC Competitor
    Are those body foam washers under the pins?

RC Racer
    I'm very interested in knowing how you made those body clip cables/holders and how they are connected to body and pin?

RC Competitor
    for now it is just some tape i had under the body pins, i am making some chrome washers that i plan on using instead

as to how i made the cables .... i used some picture hanging cable that i had from another project...it is quite cheap for a pretty good amount of it, then i used some small (cant recall the gauge, but will look ) electrical connectors and made a loop at one end and slid the tube part of the connector over and crimped it down onto the cable to maintain the loop to slide the body pin thru
    i the had some small rivets that i put thru the body and wrapped the other end of cable around and then mashed them down to grip the backside of the body
    i will post some pics of the parts and the inside of body to give ya a better idea of what im saying

RC Competitor
    heres the pics of the parts i used ...

first is pic of the parts..you can see on the right the electrical connector i used and how i turned them into just the barrel part for crimping onto the cables..

By certifiableivan at 2012-03-02

second is making of the small loop for the body pin...

and the next is looping the other end of cable around the hobby rivet before putting it thru the hole i made in the body near the body mount hole..

last is showing the tool made for squashing the rivet backside so it folds and pinches the body so it doesnt pull out... just takes a few taps with the hammer to "peen" the back over..

Nice. I really like that idea.. Looks real cool Good job.

RC Qualifier
    Nice clean job!

RC Competitor
    What Size for the ceramic bearings zhould you get for the outdrive shafts
    XO-1 Supercar

RC poster
    If I remember correctly there are two each on the rear axle outdrives on each side, both or which are 6x12x4mm. There is one on each side on the front as well, but I think there is another on each side that is 10x15x4mm. Can't be sure, check out the downloadable manual. however, check out AvidRC.com for really nice ceramics, makes the outdrives run smoothly on my Xo-1

Brijesh

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Brijman View Post
    If I remember correctly there are two each on the rear axle outdrives on each side, both or which are 6x12x4mm. There is one on each side on the front as well, but I think there is another on each side that is 10x15x4mm. Can't be sure, check out the downloadable manual. however, check out AvidRC.com for really nice ceramics, makes the outdrives run smoothly on my Xo-1

Brijesh
    Thanks yeah avid makes a ton of great ceramics definetly going with avid racing
    XO-1 Supercar