Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RC Racer
    what gearing do you use for the mt. My friend uses the traxxas 9/54 but he can never get his to mesh correctly. I use same gearing but different company for pinion. I ideas, should he go to a 11/54?

Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    Its a full on war out there. Bikes, boards, cars, trucks, pedestrians. The city is loaded with opposition, just to get through a fill pack unharmed can be its own individual war. So I've recruited the best, a sl4sh close to fit for the mission. After some needs parts and maintenance, a bit of training, you've got the leanest, meanest, and sometimes a bit nasty Sl4sh Urban Ground Assault vehicle.
    What tires/wheels are those?? They look good.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrank05 View Post
    what gearing do you use for the mt. My friend uses the traxxas 9/54 but he can never get his to mesh correctly. I use same gearing but different company for pinion. I ideas, should he go to a 11/54?
    Ive "heard" that anything under 11 or 12 that the mesh will be funky becuz there are so few teeth and also being that small the motor mount might not have that much of an opening so the motor might not actually get close enough to the spur so i'd check into that also...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrank05 View Post
    I've got the truck geared at 20/52, but this is CC combo powering it. With the vxl, your kinda stuck with what the temps give you. If your friends set hpi can carry the truck at 10-11/54 then go with it. If not, he's stuck with what thee temps allow...
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    What tires/wheels are those?? They look good.
    The black and chromw rims are both ofna mt3 splits. They are 3.2 with 17mm hexes. The tires are 2.2 mashers cut to fit and 2.8 trenchers, also cut to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
    Ive "heard" that anything under 11 or 12 that the mesh will be funky becuz there are so few teeth and also being that small the motor mount might not have that much of an opening so the motor might not actually get close enough to the spur so i'd check into that also...
    Best solution in my opinion is an aftermarket motor/esc...... eliminate the small stuff, bring on the power! I think your right, under 11 may not mesh correctly.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!