RC poster

Help! Dead ERBE :-( And it's only 2 months old!

Hi everyone, complete noob here from UK so forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question!

I got my ERBE just before Christmas, completely stock with the Mamba Monster ESC. I bought some MaxxTrax Lipos (4200mah, 30C, 11.1v) and wow, seriously fast car! Anyway, after about 10 mins run time the first time i used it with Lipos the car stopped completely, just as if the batteries has become disconnected. The car is totally dead, no life, nothing. I've swapped the batteries for the NiMhs that came with it, I've checked all the connections, checked the batteries are charged, unplugged everything but still the car is dead, no LEDs, no beeps, nothing. I've got a Multi Meter and I'm getting 25 volts accross the ESC where the power goes in, but 0.2 volts on the motor side. I've checked the switch on the ESC and get 25volts there when on and 0volts when off. To me it sounds like the ESC has had it but the car isn't even 2 months old. The Lipos are designed specifically for the ERBE so they shouldn't be the cause. I did have a pretty heavy roll at speed in it but it was fine afterwards and no body damage at all. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Paul

RC Qualifier
    the truck ISNT waterproof, this might help your problem solving. watch out for puddles and avoid snow, unless youve got measures in place to cover the esc in the event of moisture penetration.

RC poster
    Thanks, funny you should say that because about a week ago I ran it in the snow and when I took the body off the entire car was full of snow, it was like having a snow moulded ERBE! I brushed it all off and it seemed fine but there was snow covering the fan over the ESC. I dried it out thoroughly but hadn't run it again until yesterday when it died....

RC Enthusiast
    Sounds like the ESC. Call Castle Creations they'll have it sorted out for you.

RC poster
    Thanks Cypfull, I'll send them an email as I'm in the UK and they appear to be in Kansas!

RC Enthusiast
    Sorry mate didn't realize you were in the UK. Nonetheless it sounds like a dead ESC due to moisture so you will have to either repair or replace it. I suggested CC because you could have gotten lucky and get it replaced under warranty but being in the UK it might be cheaper to buy a new ESC.

Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC poster
    OK, thanks for all the replies, all very helpful (don't forget I'm in the UK!).

I spoke with several dealers over here and they all said to contact Traxxas's UK representatives, a company called Logic RC in Hertford, Herts. (01992 558226). I called them, they said bring your car down with your proof of purchase and they'll check it out. As they're not too far from me, I drove over, they checked the ESC and confirmed it was dead. They took the ESC apart and confirmed there was no moisture inside and no foreign objects either. They couldn't explain what had happened, but said it was covered under warranty and they gave me a brand new replacement ESC there and then! Brilliant Service!

So any UK users and readers out there, if your Traxxas is under warranty, get in touch with them!

Thanks again everyone!

Paul

RC Qualifier
    That's great news glad it worked out for you.
    Good customer service is becoming more & more rare now days...
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4