Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Subaru View Post
    -if you bougt a roller to complete your other two rollers.
    -if you ever bashed before going into work and it still hasn't hit 7am.
    Been there done that. In the 20s (Orlando)

Sent from my LG-P509
    People Eating Tasty Animals

RC Qualifier
    - you bring your rc to work cuz you know at some point you will have a 15 to resolder connections and tighten screws
    - instead of hotwheels display in your office you have a rc display of cars you've never driven....well atleast not outside the office
    - your doing work on your computer but seem to be more time reading this forum than actually working.

RC Champion
    When you have more rc cars than you do dollars!

RC Champion
    Oh, and by the way, I am definetly an addict! lol

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    You are an RC addict if:

- (#of hours you spend on being busy with RC cars per day / (Pi * #of cars you own) + (your age / #of batteries owned) ) * your income in dollars > $100

- you actually calculated the formula
    DARN...BUSTED!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by cuda0872 View Post
    - you bring your rc to work cuz you know at some point you will have a 15 to resolder connections and tighten screws
    Or

- you bring your R/C to work cuz you plan on doing only 15 worth of work.

Few more:

- Your R/C hobby and completely unrelated other hobbies start interchanging parts.

- You post in this part of the forum knowing full well that it doesn't add to your total....and could care less.

- The computer you use for accessing the forum has an uninterruptible power supply and tape over the power button.

- You know the first names of at least 30 fellow members, but can't remember your own phone number.

- You're considering opening a hobby shop just to get the new releases first.

- You already own a hobby shop and your best customer is yourself.

- Your hobby shop is going out of business cuz you cant bare to sell any of the parts.

- You have so much money into your R/C that you can put it up as collateral when getting a loan.

- You've caught your wife telling your R/C to "back off or else".

- You make regular stops at radio shack, just to show up the salesman.

- You've yelled at the toys r us worker for recommending the Traxxas and the New Bright R/C's in the same sentence.

- You've banned the kids from sending letters to Santa until he starts carrying Traxxas products.

Sent from Dan's iPad using Tapatalk
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    - You already own a hobby shop and your best customer is yourself.

- Your hobby shop is going out of business cuz you cant bare to sell any of the parts.

- You have so much money into your R/C that you can put it up as collateral when getting a loan.

- You've caught your wife telling your R/C to "back off or else".

- You've banned the kids from sending letters to Santa until he starts carrying Traxxas products.

HAHAHAHHAHa.. These are awesome. Santa needs to get with it for sure!

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post

- You make regular stops at radio shack, just to show up the salesman.

HA!!! I've done that lots of times! I tried to get Batteries Plus to sell me some cells individually, too. They tried to tell me how dangerous it would be for a consumer to try to solder their own pack. They would only let me pick cells if I let their "expert" build the pack. I said I didn't trust him. They were both puzzled as to what a Dean's connector was, too. They insisted that all RC's use Tamiya connectors. I had to leave before I laughed in their faces. The Radio Shack guys have no clue about real RC's.....
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Champion
    When you have no idea how many rc's you have!
    When you buy rc parts in bulk lots!

RC Champion
    - Your R/C hobby and completely unrelated other hobbies start interchanging parts.

Haha I do that! I put my xl-5 system in one of my lego models once! And I build a lego emaxx yesterday! LOL

RC Qualifier
    So true! Great thread!
    JATO 3.3
    Stampede Build
    DeWalt 12v E-REVO on 4s

RC Champion
    hey, nobody's got anymore?

RC Qualifier
    Newport Or. Over looking the beautiful bay
    - If you order so many different parts that you forget what you have ordered and end up getting two or more of something

I hate when that happens
    FLM E-MAXX 3908 6s
    Rustler VXL x 2 MMP SCT 3800

RC Qualifier
    Rancho Tehama or Red Bluff area or California
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Man, this is such an awesome thread. I fell off my chair when I read about Pave buying a new car under way.
    Loot and nunster must be single...
    You know me to well. hahaha
    Broken parts=New better parts

RC Racer
    - you have a nevous breakdown when the traxxas site isnt working.
    - you say goodnight to your rc's more than the people in your house
    Be sure and watch for(crunch and smash) cars...>.<

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    -When the traxxas site is down you substitute by texing the other members who's cell phone numbers you have (right KSB)
    -You have planned a "family" vacation completely around driving your truck with another member (thats you Jakey)
    -You planned a work trip to a hotel, then called the hotel manager to see if they would let you run your Rally in an empty ball room using hotel glasses as track layout cones.
    -You have had full bore blow outs with your spouse over taking your RC with you on a family trip... a topic which was brought up in the counselling needed to solve the blow out.
    -You needed to fill the oil tank in your house in the middle of winter but waited an extra week until it ran completely out because you "needed" some parts to finish your latest build.
    -You have bought brand new in box RC's just to check them out... never drove them, then sold them feeling better that yes... your traxxas truck IS sweeter. (Venom Gambler)
    -You spent YEARS searching for the correct parts to finish building a truck that was built more than 20 years ago. After it was done you realized you'd spend more than double what the truck cost brand new back in the day.
    -You have a separate area of the house for storing your vintage collection.
    -You keep a LARGE collection of totally smashed bodies because... well... you never know what you might need.
    -You have, on many occasions actually found a use for those bodies, or at least parts of them.
    -When you break a part you feel, literally, compelled to buy 2. I mean hey, if it broke once, it probably will again so I need one in stock right?
    -You have added items to your shopping cart, looked at the total and felt REALLY guilty... then pushed "complete checkout" anyway and put the whole thing out of the back of your mind, guilt and all, and never thought of it again.
    -You have owned every or nearly every vehicle traxxas sells... at one time or another.
    -You have modded a non hobby grade RC with Hobby Grade electronics just to see how it really could do... then found out that nope... it AINT worth it.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

genXrated
    -You purchase a vehicle you once owned off ebay, etc. only to get rid of it because it's not mint.

-You enter Traxxas or other rc vendors into the search bar of craigslist to see what's out there. Daily.

-You stare out the window on a car ride as a passenger and imagine your r/c tackling everything in its' path.

-You and your buddy actually do the above while on a paper route with his grandma.

-You do the above @ a campground while riding on a golf cart.

RC Champion
    When you go through two sets of tires in one day

RC Champion
    "You have modded a non hobby grade RC with Hobby Grade electronics just to see how it really could do... then found out that nope... it AINT worth it."

Done that...

RC Qualifier
    Awesome thread!!

- when you realise all the time you spent catching up here could have been spent working on the car!

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    - The total replies to this thread start to resemble the amount of replies to the rag6 $5 chassis extension thread.

- If there's no replies to this thread for a couple days, it doesn't matter, cuz you'll read the whole thing again, laugh like it was the first time you ever read it, then reply with more of your own symptoms.

- You are amazed at the response to this thread, then the fact that you started it really hits home.

- You have repeatedly walked into the hobby shop to realize that... you don't know why you're there, there's nothing there that you don't already have two of, but you buy something anyways so you haven't wasted the trip.

Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Competitor
    ...when all the .pdf files on your laptop are rc manuals
    when there is an an rc car on the dining room table, next to the previously mentioned laptop
    when your entertainment center has 1 tv, and two rc's on it

And... when your lhs calls and asks you to come by on your lunch break, because a customer has a problem with their rc and they KNOW you have the same one and have fixed it.

genXrated
    - You spend DAYS looking on ebay for parts, even though you already found them. You're just praying someone else listed the exact one you want @ a slightly lower overall price.

- EMBE is worth more than daily driver.

- As a result of the above comment, consideration has been given to making a trailer to haul yourself to and from work in.

RC Qualifier
    - you make RC related acronyms out of what you see in day to day life. I.E. uk licence plates end with three letters, last night i saw a MJT go past me - Monster Jam Tyres i thought to myself quietly.

- You consider or have in the past made a trip to another country just for RC parts, and well while your there may as well look at some sites

- You start to wonder what can be done to postal services that mess you around with shipping times. For me at the moment USPS have a parcel that is either in ICS LA or on a plane /boat that has crashed/sunk in the atlantic - 5 days in transit at the moment and counting - i want my proline parts!!!
    VXL P2de, rusty MMP Orion vortex, mid '90's P2de

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    -You have planned a "family" vacation completely around driving your truck with another member (thats you Jakey)
    -You have had full bore blow outs with your spouse over taking your RC with you on a family trip... a topic which was brought up in the counselling needed to solve the blow out.
    -You have added items to your shopping cart, looked at the total and felt REALLY guilty... then pushed "complete checkout" anyway and put the whole thing out of the back of your mind, guilt and all, and never thought of it again.
    -You have owned every or nearly every vehicle traxxas sells... at one time or another.
    I guess I lucked out, my wife is more than okay with it (so far), in fact she wants one now. Good being young and kidless I guess? I'm sure that will change over time. And regarding the last two, done it and working on it

* You choose to drive on a ferry rather than walk on even though it's a crap ton more expensive because there's no way you're going to manhandle a Summit and a Stampede for a 2 hour ride...and not bringing them, well that's just not an option.
    * You give your wife something RC related for your anniversary.
    * The word 'intervention' has popped up here and there in others conversations about you.

The anniversary one is no joke. I do good for my wife on birthday/xmas but I have a tradition where I get her something very non-anniversary for our anniversary. A couple years ago I got her a Megan Racing cat back exhaust for her car, and the following year a hopped up video card for her PC. This year she'll probably get a custom painted body or some good wheels/tires for whatever rc she decides on...
    Last edited by Toyboarder; 03-15-2012 at 01:01 AM.
    P2de VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    in a hole.... with my rustler and an electrical outlet
    when you and your friends want to pull a senior prank of driving rc's around and hitting administrators.......
    so this one time I ate a lipo.......

RC Competitor
    ...when you have 4 rc cars in your living room, but only one is operational... and you have plans to buy/build another one

RC Champion
    ^^^^^^^^
    or when one is operational and you take parts off the other four to upgrade the working one

you drive your rc's in wallmart

you know every signal part number for every peice that makes the rc

you lose so much body clips you start finding them wear you bash

bashing in winter regardless of how cold you are or how numb you throtel finger is

you look at toy grade rc's for the tire
    (hey get a toy for $4 and save $50+ on tires)

RC Champion
    "you lose so much body clips you start finding them wear you bash"

bashing in winter regardless of how cold you are or how numb you throtel finger is

you look at toy grade rc's for the tire
    (hey get a toy for $4 and save $50+ on tires) "

haha I do all three of those!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    -When you eat at KFC just to get more of their containers

I ate KFC tonight, and when I pulled the mac and cheese out of the box my 3 piece came in, I literally started thinking "oooh what am I going to put in this after I wash it?"
    fix, run, break, repeat

RC Qualifier
    As a woman in this hobby i plead the fifth, cause I can relate to most of these and hide the packages from the bf! hehe
    press the any key... where is the any key....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by PFC FNG View Post
    ...when you have 4 rc cars in your living room, but only one is operational... and you have plans to buy/build another one
    Hahaha that's so me I have 2 rustlers and a slash and planning on getting a summit haha

RC Competitor
    I have burn out marks in my garage form my rustler

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cuda0872 View Post
    - ...- your doing work on your computer but seem to be more time reading this forum than actually working.
    haha that sme right now!!!
    Define Spam...

RC Enthusiast
    Hmmmm that's not a bad idea for a senior prank...
    protrac vxl rusty powered by SPC 3s LiPo

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SimbaDC650 View Post
    As a woman in this hobby i plead the fifth, cause I can relate to most of these and hide the packages from the bf! hehe
    There is something fundamentally wrong with that, I think it's the exact opposite 99.9% of the time I'm just glad the misses only notices the up front highly visual things like bodies and tires...while the aluminum, RPM plastic, and high mah lipos go unnoticed!
    P2de VXL - Summit

RC Champion
    When your mailbox is made out of rc parts!

RC Qualifier
    -When you call traxxas for an issue they say "not him again" that's from speedpede09
    I blame it all on speedpede09

RC Enthusiast
    I will add some.. that actually happen to me...

- When you take the RC with you to work, so you can have it close and be sure that your son doesn't mess with it.

- When you buy a toy grade RC for your son only to have an excuse so he can't use yours (Hey, you have your RC, use that!)

- When you are at the main bedroom ready to sleep...and you suddenly find yourself playing with your sons Toy RC, wishing it were midday so you could play with your RC outside

- When during the weekend that you left your RC at work (This weekend, rainy forecast)... be thinking about going to work just to pick it up and use it even if it is raining (Specially, if going to work means more than 1 hour drive, and also an international border crossing)

- When you lie and say that your batteries are discharged (or something is broken) just to prevent coworkers wanting to borrow it.

- When you just got your first RC car, but already have in mind a huge lists of upgrades, the next truck you will buy, and the huge list of upgrades for that future RC truck. (actually, its a summit the one that lives on my mind...)

- When you anxiously wait for your next paycheck, to get those upgrade parts that probably you don't even need in the first place...

- When you go to your LHS, just for the fact of going, without needing anything...

- When at lunch time.... you evaluate your two options: Actually eat something, or bashing with your RC. Usually... I always end up skipping food....

- When somebody asks: "Is that RC yours?" and you suddenly are talking about models, upgrades, showing youtube videos, showing parts, and all sort of things.... just to be reminded later by the person that asked... "Hey, I just wanted to know who was the owner of the truck... geeeez"

- When you are at the LHS, and spot that other "RC addict fellow" that is buying some cheap upgrade, because he hadn't enough $ for the proper upgrade, you suddenly finish paying the remaining amount to the proper upgrade, even if you don't know the other person, and you don't have the intention to see him back... and you don't care about it, because you know that upgrade will be way better than the one he originally had....and you feel happy about it. (Of course, the person that received the upgraded part felt even happier! hahaha)

-When you are all afternoon reading the traxxas forum, and very late at night, you go to bed because you are very tired...just to suddenly find your self reading the forum again from bed with an ipad....

-When you start thinking what can you sell in order to get more upgrades....

Those are the ones I can think of now..... and all those... are things I remember that have happened to me....for real... and I have been in the hobby for less than a month....

Well... Since I was a little kid (maybe 15) I always dreamed with a Hobby class RC, and finally I could afford it... (36) ... maybe that's why....
    -Jaime Garcia
    Slash 4x4

RC Competitor
    When you take your kids or cousins to the LHS to buy them micro T's, but you only buy one and the rest goes to parts.

When your washer becomes a wheel washer after coming back from the track.

When your Grocery list consists of rc parts and under other IS your grocery list.

When you wait for family members to make a big purchase so you can make one twice as much, you only do it to cover yourself.

When two liter coke bottles become a power washer to wash your RC.

When you buys Toys r US rc cars only to tie them to your 45mph+ RC to drag them in front of the store, only to have the kids say COOL i want one of those! Did it once

When you take your RC on every part purchase only to make sure it will fit even though you already know it will.

When you use your RC to "walk the dog"- do it all the time with my pitbull.

When you work 3hrs overtime on the weekends but everyone else thinks you are working 8 because its the only real time you will have with your RC to run.
    A.K.A MAXX05
    3 Revos and counting
    1 Mini Revo

RC Champion
    When you have legally changed your name so it can include something that has to do with rc's.