Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewright1096 View Post
    -when you have the lhs and Traxxas support listed as your emergency contacts on your phone
    LOL ^^^^^^ AWESOME!!!

How bout:

- The hole in the ozone layer is directly related to how many r/c bodies you've painted.

- YouTube is actually paying you for your r/c videos.

- The cops pulled your r/c vehicle, just to tell you how cool it was. (had this happen with the Po-Po-Pede Hummer!)

- You will dry off with a dirty towel after a shower, but grab a clean one for the r/c.

- You have installed paint stripping/sanding wheels on the rear of your r/c to prep the deck before stain. (dont laugh, it works!)

- You filled out an organ donor card for your r/c before you parted it out.

- You have been caught talking to your r/c....and just kept talking.

- Your wife cant figure out why everything she boils in the big pot turns colors.

- You have ten different email addresses to get free accounts at picture hosting sites once you reach the storage limit.

- TowerHobbies calls to make sure you're okay if you havent placed an order that week.

- You hang r/c parts on the X-mas tree.

- Your kid's friends knock on the door and ask if you can come out and play.

- You can rattle off symptoms of r/c addiction off the top of your head.
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Racer
    -when you have run your car by the speed limit signs that have the radars attached to them to get your speed because you don't have a radar gun of your own. (I have done this more than once..)

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post

- Your kid's friends knock on the door and ask if you can come out and play.
    Twice a day now. My son runs to the door and the kid answers, "Can your dad play?"

Just thought of a few more:

- Your r/c vehicles all have medic alert bracelets stating their max voltage input.

- Your childs thermometer and your r/c temp gun are one in the same.

- You're trying to figure out a way to incorporate r/c's into your job, so you can claim r/c related purchases as a business expense.

- You receive hate mail from the UPS guy.

- None of your cordless drills have motors in them.

- You've asked youre insurance broker about collision coverage for your r/c.

- Your kid asked you to fix his broken walmart r/c, and you threw it in the trash when he wasnt looking.

- Your kid's powerwheels vehicles have Titan motors and lipos installed.

- The only way you would buy a toy grade r/c, is if the body would fit on youre hobby grade r/c.

- Youre uploading r/c video onto youtube as you're reading or contributing to this thread. (yes i am!)

RC Qualifier
    I live in a very rural area in Illinois. Always wanted a hobby grade rc when I was a kid and never asked my parents because I knew they couldn't afford it. Look what your money got you then vs now! I'm talking almost 30 years ago too. Nobody near me has these. I have to take them with me when I go out of town and I constantly see potential bash spots everywhere I go. I thought maybe I was getting a little nutty; just got into this by accident about a year ago. Glad to be involved in this forum and really glad I'm not alone in my compulsion lol.
    Summit, ERBE X2, 4pdes, 2pdes, etc lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    -You keep a "trophy drawer" of the most awesome broken parts
    -You have purchased trimmed, taped, painted and mounted a body you didn't ever intend and will never use
    -People you sold trucks to in the past are not routinely showing up at your door to buy parts... and you ALWAYS have what they need.
    -Your kid is 1 year old and you already have a body for their truck ready to go as soon as they are... O.K.... you actually have the whole truck.
    -You bought and paid for a new truck before it was even officially released.
    -You bought every upgrade known to fit a newly released model before the model was released, including a full set of upgraded electronics.
    -You routinely have to go though a "selling phase" to clear out all the accumulated vehicles and parts if you have any hope of staying married.
    -Despite the spousal imposed 5 truck limit... you ALWAYS have at least 2 but often as many as 5 more that you "just bought to re-sell and make a buck"
    -Officially you fund the addiction by "buying and selling stuff" but the truth is... you spend at least twice what you sell every month.
    -You have more than one set of mounted and glued tires youve never run for more than one truck.
    -You have been "the one" to take the chance buying a new and unproven upgrade... just to see if it works.

This one is true:
    -You went on a holiday with your wife on which she insisted NO RC's come along and half way through you found an LHS and bought a brand new one.

This list can go on for years.
    Last edited by pavmentsurfer; 02-26-2012 at 11:59 PM.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Rancho Tehama or Red Bluff area or California
    Yes I have to agree with theseVVVVV

Your clothes have nitro fuel stains on them.
    When you keep all your reciepts, but refuse to count up the totals, and acknowledge how much you have spent/spend
    When you have RC manufacters labeled clothes
    You keep a "trophy drawer" of the most awesome broken parts
    You have been "the one" to take the chance buying a new and unproven upgrade... just to see if it works.

When u keep all ur parts tags.......... and all the plastic it came in

yep!

And if something thats not working, you have to see if you can salvage screws or parts you might be able to use later.
    Broken parts=New better parts

Nunster,Thats awesome Me too . Nice set-up, ours looks alot alike!

RC Qualifier
    Rancho Tehama or Red Bluff area or California
    If I place a order through a main, tower or what not and it doesn't include at least one package of screws or nuts something is wrong. Hay thats another one.

you have enough screws and nuts to put more than one complete rc together.
    Broken parts=New better parts

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    I've bought 3 new traxxas trucks in the last 2 years. I have built 6 or 7 trucks up after buying the chassis and some odds and ends.
    You know your an addict when you've bashed so many parts, you've built 3 or 4 trucks from scratch without ever buying a screw
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    * You know you're addicted to RC when the wife says move your toys out of the office and we are converting it to a baby's room. Then you stomp off and say FINE, i'm moving my Hobby to the attic!!!! I've got a pretty good crawl space setup.

Being my roof is R-50 insulated with styrofoam and radiant barrier, it stays the same temp as the rest of the house.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    you know when your addicted to rc when....
    --you wake up in the morning and the first thing you do is look at your rc collection before eating breakfast.
    ---when your invited for special occasion, you made an excuse just to play/ bash with your rc
    --when your here 24/7 helping newbie on how to.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 02-27-2012 at 10:52 AM.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Have mentioned RC's to a therapist.

Have taken a lower paying job to have a chance to be an LHS manager.

Have built a sculpture out of broken parts - titled Integy Man.

Agree to sell some rc's to keep a spouse happy....more than once.

Every electronic device has an Rc wallpaper.

your Photobucket account is 95% Rc pics and there's over 2000 of them.

you know when a big jump is coming on your XXXMain videos and even though you've seen them a hundred times, you stop wrenching to watch it again.

You have bought something you can use for your RCs in a grocery store.

You use more AC Moore coupons than your wife to get RC related supplies.

You're preparing to move, and you realize half the boxes in the basement have Rc something on them.

You look for clearance drill batteries every time you're in Lowes/Home Depot.

Your mailman asks if something is wrong if you haven't gotten any Rc parts lately.

You have brought home an old dresser to paint and use as an Rc charging station in your basement. Works great...

You have bought, modified and ran a toy Rc just to destroy it for fun.

You know every yard sale could be another shot at the Rc lottery.

Between all of your trucks, you could run a different body every day of the month.

you have walked customers around the hobby shop many times even though you don't work there. The hobby shop owner doesn't mind because you know as much as they do.

Don't judge me, just accept me.....
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Qualifier
    When you Ebay history shows only RC purchases.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    7107 Merv Brushless, Soon to be Big Block

RC Qualifier
    its like this thread knows me all to well. it kind of gives you an eerie feeling.

90%-95% of all of the above applies to me

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    When your asked to leave the lhs after listening to the worsted advise you've ever heard. I called him a sawed off lil selfish crook that's all about what he likes and nothing else. After 2 years of buying parts even though he sells everything for MSRP and no less. I heard him tell a guy all his bashers have integy on them, works great and takes a beating. He went on about saving his money, don't bother with high dollar parts or trx parts cause integy is here to provide quality and looks. I just happen to know he owns 2 axial scale crawlers that are some fine looking queens but not one basher truck or integy part in his own stable, never mind a basher with integy that will last. So, ya I like watching out for the next guy especially if the guy is ferrying the pickle put right to him and don't known it. Jurisdiction like that give lhs the bad rep they fight to get rid of.
    Your an addict if you risk criminal charges to save a fellow addict from getting the pickle!
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

Man, this is such an awesome thread. I fell off my chair when I read about Pave buying a new car under way.
    Loot and nunster must be single...
    Nobody is born with experience

After three years of competitive EC rock crawling I cannot look at a pile of rocks without visualizing where the gates should be set up and the lines I would take to get through them.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Read my sig... I'm pretty sure I'm addicted.
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

A Few more:

- if you start watching one of your own bashing videos, you can't stop til it's over, and you see something new every time.

- When you click a link to someone's YouTube bashing video, several hours are spent watching all the related videos.

- You have driven your R/C outside from the window of the house cuz it's too cold outside.

- You take your kid bashing with you, just so you have someone to flip your truck back onto it's wheels.

- You nearly hit yourself with your R/C at least once per pack.

- Your favorite bash spot is only 2 blocks away, but you take your 1:1 vehicle so you don't waste any runtime.

- All the neighborhood parents dislike you because their kids came home and told them all the toy grade rc's they've purchased are garbage, and you recommended a $500 hobby grade one.

- You've thought about having more kids, as an excuse to build more rc's.

- The neighbor comes over to complain.....that you never let him have a turn.

- You put a raised garden in the backyard....just so you could launch off the sides of it.

- You always bring flowers home to your wife...after picking them out of your r/c's bumper.

- You have cleaned fur off the bumper of your r/c more than once.

- You drag a stick of earth magnets behind your R/C to find lost hardware. (trust me, it works to find small mip cvd parts and amazing amounts of body clips!)

- You have hit more than one skateboarder with your R/C.

- You've made a neighborhood kid cry by driving circles around his nikko R/C, but now he comes over to ask you to do it again.

@thedreadedend, these ones are for you:

- You will take time out of your day to stand outside the lhs and hand out online retailer's flyers with better parts and lower prices.

- You regularily go to the lhs, but not to buy parts....just to hand out better advice.

@everyone else, I'm glad you guys like the thread. Thanks for posting all this funny stuff! If they ever classify R/C addiction as a disease, we would be very, very sick people! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Read my sig... I'm pretty sure I'm addicted.
    Your sig?....What about your posts total?! Lol. Someone needs an intervention!

RC Champion
    Instead of decking your halls with holly, you deck your halls with tires!

RC Qualifier
    When you have part numbers for parts on multiple cars memorized.

Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    When your asked to leave the lhs after listening to the worsted advise you've ever heard. I called him a sawed off lil selfish crook that's all about what he likes and nothing else. After 2 years of buying parts even though he sells everything for MSRP and no less. I heard him tell a guy all his bashers have integy on them, works great and takes a beating. He went on about saving his money, don't bother with high dollar parts or trx parts cause integy is here to provide quality and looks. I just happen to know he owns 2 axial scale crawlers that are some fine looking queens but not one basher truck or integy part in his own stable, never mind a basher with integy that will last. So, ya I like watching out for the next guy especially if the guy is ferrying the pickle put right to him and don't known it. Jurisdiction like that give lhs the bad rep they fight to get rid of.
    Your an addict if you risk criminal charges to save a fellow addict from getting the pickle!
    You know your an addict, when you stand up and cheer to your saving a fellow basher, and almost get a tear in the eye imagin the LHS owner say such things about Integy. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Man, this is such an awesome thread. I fell off my chair when I read about Pave buying a new car under way.
    Loot and nunster must be single...
    Ya didnt read all mine Thats why it makes me more of an addict. lol. We eat on the couch, with TV trays. The RC stays on the kitchen table. And I have a man cave/ Bedroom... That looks like a wealthy 14 yr olds room with real good taste full of RC, and Transformers. lol.

-The one where I posted, you know ur an addict when ur lady knows more about what hop-ups u have than a LHS employee by lookin at it, and tells her GF ur mod list. ( happened to me two nights ago.) Good thing im pretty much married

Here's a few more. Read this hope they havent been said.

- Go to dinner and the mail man recognizes you as the RC guy and knows where you live, but you don't recognize him w/o his uniform.

- The UPS and FEDEX guy knows where you live and will go out of the way to make sure you package is delivered and in mint condition. ( they know me at the distribution center when i walk in, as the guy with many RC packages weekly )

- When you hit the road on the weekend, you see a big dirt mount or open place and you drewl about how much air and fun times you could have there. Then you think which RC would be the best suited for it.

- My boy sees Grave Digger and says that's daddy's truck. And everyone turns and looks at daddy.

- You pack up your car with RC's then start loading the luggage and their is no room. The wife gives you a funny look, but the kid is as excited as you are.

- You drive your RC up and down the street and the neighborhood kid comes over and talks speed and how much he likes your truck and wants to buy one off you for $20.

- Neighborhood Officer wants to shoot radar at your car to see how fast it goes. He actually moved his car to get a good speed reading.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    You have so many bodies you have no place to put them except hanging from the ceiling. true...

Sent from my rooted Droid RAZR
    sppppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccceeeeeeeeee!!!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SRTracer121 View Post
    when your feet are the same color as the track before racing even starts...

Yikes,that's the worst case of toe jam I ever saw,lol.
    Bullet/Bullet2 / Hawk2/ Blue Eagle/E-Maxx/T-Maxx

RC Champion
    When you grab your radio, and all your pets run and hide!

RC Enthusiast
    -when your parents think that your rc addiction is worse than Edited,,, Please refer to the Traxxas Online Behavior (Rules) You agree'd to when you became a member of this forum.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...or-%28Rules%29

4. No drug, alcohol, or tobacco references. Discussions about or references to drugs and alcohol that serve to promote their usage are not allowed. Traxxas encourages community members to be drug, alcohol, and tobacco free.
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 02-29-2012 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Rule 4 in Online Behavior Rules
    protrac vxl rusty powered by SPC 3s LiPo

RC Racer
    When your at work and call the wife to check on the rc's and dont ask about the kids.
    When you celebrate your rc's anniversary and forget your wedding anniversary.

RC Champion
    when you tell your dog you're going to sell him for RC upgrades ? lol
    6.25% /

RC Enthusiast
    Sorry, I did not know that I could not say that.
    protrac vxl rusty powered by SPC 3s LiPo

Quote Originally Posted by GULLY View Post
    when you tell your dog you're going to sell him for RC upgrades ? lol
    Or

- When your dog tries to eat your R/C tires cuz you spent his food money on upgrades! Lol

- You always go grocery shopping with your spouse, but never go inside the store.

- Youve glued a finger to an eyelid on more than one occasion.

- 10' of air is now considered a small jump.

- RPM parts now break as easily as stock parts used to.

- You have an R/C for every type of weather.

- All the gloves in the house are missing the fingers, but all the R/C shocks are covered.

- You consider the water you boiled your tires in to be broth.

- You've accidentally put salt and pepper on your tires after cooking them.

- You had to replace the foam on the tx wheel....twice last year.

- You've purchased an R/C you didnt like for the sole purpose of destroying it, and did.

- You own an R/C that's big enough to ride on, and have.

- You routinely check this thread in hopes that there's an R/C addict worse than you, but are wrong every time.

RC Champion
    lol baldy you come up with some great ones!

RC Champion
    lol yeah baldy, I can't believe no one mentioned to me the glove finger thing

can't believe I didn't think of it either

I've only been in this hobby for two months but I can tell its going to break my bank everytime I get paid

good thing I don't work right now.. gives me time to plan my attack
    Last edited by GULLY; 02-29-2012 at 07:07 PM.
    6.25% /

Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    Or

- When your dog tries to eat your R/C tires cuz you spent his food money on upgrades! Lol

- You always go grocery shopping with your spouse, but never go inside the store.

- Youve glued a finger to an eyelid on more than one occasion.

- 10' of air is now considered a small jump.

- RPM parts now break as easily as stock parts used to.

- You have an R/C for every type of weather.

- All the gloves in the house are missing the fingers, but all the R/C shocks are covered.

- You consider the water you boiled your tires in to be broth.

- You've accidentally put salt and pepper on your tires after cooking them.

- You had to replace the foam on the tx wheel....twice last year.

- You've purchased an R/C you didnt like for the sole purpose of destroying it, and did.

- You own an R/C that's big enough to ride on, and have.

- You routinely check this thread in hopes that there's an R/C addict worse than you, but are wrong every time.
    Dang baldy do you have an RC source in your head over there!!

- Your an RC addict if you came up with an RC addict list, and keep coming back with more addicts to add. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GULLY View Post
    lol yeah baldy, I can't believe no one mentioned to me the glove finger thing

can't believe I didn't think of it either

I've only been in this hobby for two months but I can tell its going to break my bank everytime I get paid

good thing I don't work right now.. gives me time to plan my attack
    You might be a blossoming addict if you have 637 posts, yet have been in the hobby only two months!!! I wish our posts in this segment of the forum counted; I post more in the alley than all the others combined, easily. I could have an avitar by now.....
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

You are an RC addict if:

- (#of hours you spend on being busy with RC cars per day / (Pi * #of cars you own) + (your age / #of batteries owned) ) * your income in dollars > $100

- you own more RC cars than #of wheels on your 1:1 car(s)

- you get physical problems within 30 minutes when Traxxas.com is down

- you actually calculated the formula
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    You're an addict if don't remember which engine you used to put the piston and connecting rod on your keychain
    I like turtles.

RC Champion
    -if you bougt a roller to complete your other two rollers.
    -if you ever bashed before going into work and it still hasn't hit 7am.
    impeach obama!