RC Champion

New bumper? thinkin'...thinkin'......thinkin'

what do you think? should I continue with my install or do you think it looks funny?

RC Champion
    That bumper looks sick on there. From the summit I take it?

RC Qualifier
    Yeah that look summit to me. Did you wire the lights in?

RC Champion
    That looks great!

RC Champion
    I haven't wired them in yet, I have a full bumper/light set coming today. I haven't made the brackets yet but I'm sure I'll get to it this weekend. Thanks for the positive feedback. More pictures to follow

RC Qualifier
    Pro line sell that almost same one, I put it on my 3906, didn't last a week, it cracked in quite afew places, good showpiece. The rpm on is very strong and looks pretty sweet! Hope that helps!!

RC Qualifier
    Must admit though that does look reeaaaaaalllly cool on your truck!

RC Qualifier
    I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I BLAME ALL THIS ON POPOXX!

RC Champion
    Not bad.Looks like you will have plenty of lights to run at night.

RC Champion
    Any close up pics of how you instaled it?

RC Champion
    I think I am going to install it tonight, simple install, Ill take pictures and post them tonight

RC Champion
    OK, here we go, see if you can make out what I have done. Its a REALLY basic idea, I want to use the summit bumpers at some point, just need to find some material for a bracket to go between the bulkheads...but thats another story

started with the basic bumper brackets and gave them a flat face

now for a simple plate to bolt to the bumper brackets

need some spacers to allow the body to sit where it needs to. drilled out some #6 bolts, use what you want...anything goes!

now for the holes that the new bumper will mount to...its pretty tight back there for screws...wait for it...

couple more spacers to make everything look nice

mounting screws on the back of the plate...dremel tool is GREAT!!!

RC Champion
    bolt everything in tight

forgetting something...

BAZINGA!!!!!

I'm going to do the rear bumper the same way unless something smacks me tonight while sleeping
    Last edited by Redsawacs; 02-28-2012 at 12:14 AM.

RC Qualifier
    that looks really good

RC Champion

Rear bumper installed

RC Champion
    The light instal looks cool. Do you bash that truck hard? Just wondering how long they would hold up. I would like to give it a try but I just thought they wouldn't last a bash session.

RC Champion
    So far I don't bash too bad, but they are solid mounted to stock bumper brackets so in theory they should be as strong as a summit bumper. Good news is, I have another set of bumper brackets and stick bumpers so, if I want to do 30 foot slam dunks, 8 quick screws and I can leave the "pretty" on the shelf. Lights have disconnects at the bulkheads for easy removal.

I don't expect to bash them too hard though, my wallet can't afford that these days

genXrated
    Dude, that is so sweet lookin! I'd been toying w/ the idea of putting LEDs on mine for a while, and I think that this is the way I want to go now. My only question, how is your wiring set up? Did you fab a harness to connect to the Rx? I saw you said disconnects @ the bulks, but is it possible you could show your setup in a pic?

RC Champion
    when I bought the bumpers on ebay, they were brand new with the LEDs in them. Stock harness for the summit has a pigtail that taps into the receiver, has an output for another device as well as a JST connector with +/- for the lamps. It comes out of the receiver cover and stops at a connector, then it is wired to the front and rear where there are connectors at the bumpers.

hard to see but this shows the "Red" connectors, one next to the driver side battery and one on the front bulthead

here is the front bumper factory wiring

This is all i have with me here at work. If you would like more info, PM and I can send you as many pictures as you can handle. I'll even send you a video if you would like.

genXrated
    Those pix alone are fine. And the added info is greatly appreciated!

RC poster
    I dont know how to post pics on here yet. But with some mods to the stock E-maxx bumper mounts I managed to fit my new summit bumper to my maxx.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by SRMM View Post
    I dont know how to post pics on here yet. But with some mods to the stock E-maxx bumper mounts I managed to fit my new summit bumper to my maxx.
    Please dont bump unused threads from a year ago!

Sent from the power of my E-Revo

RC poster
    I wasnt bumping it, I was looking for ideas how to mount my summit bumper and came up with a different solution, and since i joined like 2 days ago cut me some slack.