RC Racer

Nitro to brushless conversion....questions about gearing

building an e slayer pro with a tekno rc conversion kit powered by mmm 2650 setup running 4s lipo.

what size(tooth) pinions have you guys been running on your e-slayer pro conversions? what kind of speeds have you seen? i was thinking 25t cuz the tires are so small so theres not a ton of rolling resistance.

let me know what you guys think.

RC Champion
    Wrong forum section but anyways.

25 sounds a little big for that motor speed. I'm thinking more like 18-20t/40t. Have you plugged it into BrianG's speed calc yet?
    Stop busting my canards!

RC Enthusiast
    When I converted my revo, I stuck to the gearing i used when it was nitro and it gave around the same speed according to the briang calc thing

RC Racer
    no i havent tried the briang speed calc cuz if i remember correctly you need the diff ratios and tranny ratios and i dont know what they are

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by redline870 View Post
    no i havent tried the briang speed calc cuz if i remember correctly you need the diff ratios and tranny ratios and i dont know what they are
    They're all in there; std, narrow, and wide ratios for both 1st and 2nd gear. The diffs are the same as the e-revo, but there is a revo-specific entry for that too.
    http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/

RC Racer
    i just finished my converstion. was a slayer pro and did the same thing. i locked the slayer pro trans in second gear and running 22 pinion and 36 spur. the truck is a handfull. im running mm 2200kv and esc on a 3s. its should do around 60mph if you can keep it straight! im also running 17mm with buggy wheels with badlands. if it hooks on the street it will flip backwards. does wheelies all day in the grass. the tires throw grass and make little ruts like crazy! still running the the stock slayer difs but ill probly replace them with the brushless revo ones when they break. the cage thats on mine is off my buddies tmaxx its still in the works for mounting it. it was a good price FREE! so it on with some zip ties for now. Sorry for the truck being dirty i just came from running it!!

when i first put the motor ans esc in. i moved the esc didnt like it mounted so high.

RC Qualifier
    thats a sweet looking truck