RC Champion

Question Will a TQ 2.4GHz not work with XL-5 speed control?

I have a TQ 2.4 that O'm trying to use with a Rustler that has an XL-5 setup. I have steering but no throttle. The ESC is blinking green, which the Rustler XL-5 manual says the throttle trim was moved while the ESC was off. The transmitter is obviously not the original one and I can't figure out how to make it work. Are they not compatible?
    Jeremy

RC Champion
    Ok, I see that it should so is my problem either the ESC or the RX? Anyone know a way to test it out to see which one is the problem?
    Jeremy

Have you moved the throttle trim on the Tx?
    Have you tried resetting the Tx?
    Have you tried reprogramming throttle center?
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Champion
    I just tried anothe 2.4 TX/RX and it does the same thing. I have tried adjusting throttle trim, but it does nothing. Should I do a default reset of the TX/RX?
    Jeremy

Try a default reset for the model you are trying to control.
    I read somewhere... maybe the little manual that goes in the bottom next to the batteries?? that you can reset it for different models.

RC Champion
    I got it figured out. Weird problem really. When I followed the directions and made sure the throttle switch was in the 50/50 position, press and hold button on esc. LED turns green then red then release. LED would not flash to set throttle range. So I disassembled the TX. Found out the 50/50 position was actually beyond the normal travel of that switch. If I forced it past the notch it would work. Hit full brake and the switch would reposition in the notch where it's supposed to be. Then the car wanted to take off in reverse on it's own. Quickly I thought to set the multifunction knob to throttle trim. Did that then turned the knob a little and low and behold everything works. So, it was a combination of the throttle trim not being in the right position because the 50/50 position was actually beyond that particular switch. Man, how frustrating. lol Glad I found the issue and thanks for your help. I'm gonna remember this one for sure.
    Jeremy

Glad you got it sorted out!