RC Champion

went stingy with it..

don't buy dollar store sand paper or you will be in for two hours of hard labour!! lol

finally got the last of the blue off with a swiss army nail file and litterally spit shined this sucker

I didn't make it to canadian tire for aluminum polish today but Ill get some soon

does aluminum polish hide some of the smaller scratches?
    I don't have a dremmel at my house...
    6.25% /

RC Enthusiast
    Next time you want to strip anodizing off, just use some Greased Lightning. If it's not something you can submerge (I wouldn't submerge that motor), then I'd recommend using a toothbrush w/ the Greased Lightning. Sure, it'll still be manual labordoing it that way...but it'll prob take 30 minutes instead of 2 hours.
    Not sure if the polish will hide much if you're buffing it by hand, but it can't hurt to try.

RC Champion
    Was it anodized? If so you should of used oven cleaner and a brillo pad lol.

to get rid of the scratches, use a really fine grit sandpaper, or steel wool

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    to get rid of the scratches, use a really fine grit sandpaper, or steel wool
    Yeah, its like sanding wood... you need to start lowering the grit you use. It will be a PAIN and you'll probably never get all the scratches out. Which is why its not ideal to use sand paper to get the blue off. Oven cleaner leaves the aluminum relatively smooth when your done and it can be easily polished with Flitz or something similar.

Your going to have a long road ahead to get that to a mirror finish.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    lol yeah with the motor for sure.. I have oven cleaner I just didn't want to use it on the motor incase it got inside

I'm starting to disassemble everything now to get at the other anodized plates and stuff..

got a whole night ahead of me, this things greasy and dirty, I want to dye the chassis, toe/pushrods, and rockers black just incase my gh rockers don't come in next week.

I don't have much of a selection here but what's better for cleaning the plastics

have lysol, CLR, or just palmolive dishsoap ??
    6.25% /

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Just use some regular lightweight cleaner like dish soap, scrub and rinse it REALLY WELL... you don't want any soap on there when you dye it. It'll all work out. Remember with dying you want to go longer than necessary rather than shorter... don't rush it or you'll end up with a dark grey instead of black.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    yeah man, I'm goin for nightrider black lol, stealth ninja black!

but I don't really want to deal with this wd-40 infused muddy stuff hahah

oh well, Ill get to it soon
    6.25% /

RC Champion
    Blow as much off as you can with an air compressor then soak it in some warm water with some simple green. should come off pretty easy after that.