RC Qualifier

Why not use long travel rockers?

Just curious why the L T rockers don't come as stock and or why more people don't use them. . I use them and they give much more shock travel than p2s, 120mm vs 90mm I believe. Almost endless travel if you are running big tires too.

. Don't you want your car to have the most shock travel as possible to absorb bumps and soak up any jumps? Or is there a con that I'm not aware of?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    LT Rockers are less progressive, and so the suspension does not stiffen up as you go through the range of travel as much as it does with P2 rockers. LT's obviously raise the centre of gravity and give a softer feel to the truck, which isn't what Traxxas is looking for in the stock ERBE set up.

Soaking up bumps and slowish speed crawling the LT's are great, but for jumping and driving around on the street and grass etc P2's give better handling characteristics. If you use LT rockers for jumping you have to use thick oil and very stiff springs in order to stop the truck bottoming out.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    i use LT rockers, springs and different pushrods. i like the extra travel and the mushy feel to it. but my old nitro revo was using the P2s that came with the truck, same springs and some gtr shocks, it also had sway bars too. but i didnt do too much jumping with that one.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The LT's on a stiff spring/shock setup can be fun.

If you go soft, it articulates all over the place, which is fun to watch, but not so good at high speed.

I ran the LT's at the track for a bit, and there was a rythm section that took a lot of timing with a short course truck, but with the LT's, I could just about soak it up at any speed. Hammer down, and watch the suspension work.