RC poster

17mm hex for truggy wheel conversion

Hi everyone,

Just registered and now my 1st post since buying my erevo,

I've ditched the brushed gear sold it on eBay,
    Now I'm running brushless ezrun kit, seems ok so far, so I'm happy..For the time being

Now I have 17mm hex truggy wheels which I want to run on her, I was going to go straight for the traxxas
    17mm hex kit, but I'm a little confused on how they fit, and wondering if they just slipped over the the drive
    shafts, with the pin through screwed up with that small grub screw, then the wheel and then fixing nut

Or do they have a thread inside the hex that screws on to the drive shafts and then the pin also,

If its the 1st option Is it strong enough....

thanks vinny

RC Qualifier
    they slip over the stub shaft, and secure with a grub screw. then the wheel goes on and it's secured with the hex nut...

the traxxas hex design is not the best though, and it will develop slop eventually. many guys like to use the savage hexes as a cheap alternative. the tekno RC carriers are a very nice option, but more pricey...

RC poster
    Thanks for the feed back, looks like a slightly poor design on traxxas part, I've since since some minor mods to reduce the slop,

Are they any other options, with the same design as these using the large 17mm locking hex, maybe something 1/8 th buggy (hyper 7 ?)

RC Qualifier
    The tekno RC carriers do. They are very nice, check them out...