RC Enthusiast

Its been over three weeks!!!

I sent my vilineon 3500 in on the 2/1 and im being told that the motors is on back order. I have been twittling my thumbs for weeks now and support is telling me there is no eta on the new motor.

RC Competitor
    Can you afford another motor combo and keep the replacement as a spare?

HTC Rezound rockin the BAMF!

I sent an esc in once. I was told it was back ordered. It took almost three months to get it back. I suggest getting another motor and having the motor you sent in as a spare.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    get a replacement, probaly when the replacement arrives you will have to sent the other back, that way you will always have a spare esc.

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas has the best customer support in the Rc world. They can not send you what they don't have. I don't believe complaining about it on there forum is going to help out at all. Think about this how many motors and ESC Traxxas has replaced that have been overheated, or not maintained for free with no questions . Like JoePit stated get a spare motor and ecs.
    4x4 Slash 5.5 Big Block

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jay janak View Post
    Traxxas has the best customer support in the Rc world. They can not send you what they don't have. I don't believe complaining about it on there forum is going to help out at all. Think about this how many motors and ESC Traxxas has replaced that have been overheated, or not maintained for free with no questions . Like JoePit stated get a spare motor and ecs.
    Are you serious?I wasnt attacking traxxas or you, and no one is compalining. Just talking about whats going on with my truck. I was surprised at the time line considering they make only 2 brushless motors and all of there 1/10 scale motors are on back order. considering i can purchase one at the LHS i was surprised.

I already did purchase replacement novak that is also in for warranty. Bad luck i guess. I was hoping to get it back sooner i will not be getting another one any time soon. My r/c budget is has reached its limit lately.

You still haven't received your Novak back? Wow its been a long time! Have you called and checked on it?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    You still haven't received your Novak back? Wow its been a long time! Have you called and checked on it?
    U know i actually lagged allot on sending it in. It failed a week or so after I bought it and I have had alot of stuff goin on so i didnt send it in tell last week. On a side note though Traxxas compared to Novak on customer service is like day and night. Traxxas is easy to get ahold of, they are professional and informative, and just flat out nice people. Novak I just cant say the same things about. Not that novak is a bad company or whatever. Just that traxxas is exceptional.

Quote Originally Posted by kroamdoam View Post
    Are you serious? I wasnt attacking traxxas or you, and no one is complaining. Just talking about whats going on with my truck. I was surprised at the time line considering they make only 2 brushless motors and all of there 1/10 scale motors are on back order. considering i can purchase one at the LHS i was surprised.

I already did purchase replacement novak that is also in for warranty. Bad luck i guess. I was hoping to get it back sooner i will not be getting another one any time soon. My r/c budget is has reached its limit lately.
    Yeah, I did not see that as an attack or anything untoward either. We all have the opportunity to vent a little frustration now and then and I'm sure we all feel kd's pain. Downtime stinks. I'm waiting patiently right now for a MMPro CASE to be off galaxy-wide backorder. Not being able to run my 4s4 bugged me so much that I installed a backup MM & Velineon motor - and I have a FEW vehicles.

Best wishes for a speedy resolution - for both of us and all the other enthusiasts waiting on parts, no matter what the reason.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by kroamdoam View Post
    U know i actually lagged allot on sending it in. It failed a week or so after I bought it and I have had alot of stuff goin on so i didnt send it in tell last week. On a side note though Traxxas compared to Novak on customer service is like day and night. Traxxas is easy to get ahold of, they are professional and informative, and just flat out nice people. Novak I just cant say the same things about. Not that novak is a bad company or whatever. Just that traxxas is exceptional.
    Ok I understand now. No I have dealt with Novak also. They are just not as ( for lack of a better term ) caring about pleasing the customer. They did help resolve the problem I had. Just didn't get the same feeling. I got my part from them quickly. Give them a call and get a status report. cant hurt.

RC Qualifier
    I think it is wrong for Traxxas to design and advertise and charge $500 for something that overheats and fails.
    Warning: BAD PERSON-10pt infraction for trolling

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by KewlToy View Post
    I think it is wrong for Traxxas to design and advertise and charge $500 for something that overheats and fails.
    Was this sarcastic? Can't tell.

If not, do you say the same thing about 25k 1:1 cars that are also capable of overheating if you run it into the ground? Anything mechanical or electric has the capacity to fail. This is the way the world works.

RC Competitor
    Thats odd, I sent a motor and esc in on 2/1 for an odd 'cogging' issue and got mine back (brand new set) a week later.

I think its wrong of people to spend $500 on a toy and not educate themselves on how to properly use it. Seems like a waste of money to me. The majority of failures I see (on the brushless stuff anyway) are due to incorrect usage. Now the titan 12T brushed on the other hand, that Traxxas should be ashamed of. Eh, everybody makes mistakes.

RC Qualifier
    I understand that this is the "nature of the beast" for high performance RC cars, but...
    I wasn't being sarcastic. I've used my car for exactly what it is designed for. I'm actually easier on it than many I've seen.
    I was surprised that I was advised to buy an ESC cooling fan as I was purchasing the new Ready to Race 4x4 ultimate, but I did. When I noticed how hot the motor was running, I installed an Integy heatsink / fan. This kept things cool.
    Burning motor windings is an example of overloading / overheating. A motor shaft seperating from its rotor is an example of a design problem. If the motor generates high heat, a heat sink should be part of the design like the castle motors.
    It appears that many of the Velineon motors are failing in the same way.
    Again, I understand that this appears to be the "nature of the beast" for the RC car world, but a box-stock item as this, that is advertised as RTR, is usually held to a high standard.
    Warning: BAD PERSON-10pt infraction for trolling

RC poster
    I feel your pain! I sent in for a power up the first part of jan and finaly canceled it and just bought a 2200kv combo from A MAIN HOBBIES yesterday, they had it in stock! I can only be so patient ! I called castle and they said they have plenty of motors but the ECS is whats on back order! I feel that if your going to be in the business of selling RC products you should have the product to sell! however I under stand a short time for a back order due to supplie and demand, but 2 monthes and according to them at least another tree weeks is rediculous!! I feel that castle and traxxas should remedy this problem... I will say in traxxas defense that they sent me a brand new VXL3 replacement and threw in a sway bar kit and a clear gear cover and a motor plate, becouse I was a idiot and sent my motor plate in with the motor.... all for free! two thumbs up on customer service, two down on parts supply! The reason I say this is, Im still waiting on my green anodized parts, my black chrome tallon and anaconda wheels and tires also for two months.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgoodwrench3576 View Post
    Thats odd, I sent a motor and esc in on 2/1 for an odd 'cogging' issue and got mine back (brand new set) a week later.
    Hhhmmm maybe u got the last one. lol. my luck just isnt that good i guess.

I am selling my VXL system, if anyone is interested? They are a good system. You just have to check to make sure its not getting hot. If it is warm, give it a few minutes to cool off. I also recommend a hole in the windshield for more airflow.