RC Racer

Keeping the front end down.

A friend is in town for th eweek and he recently picked up a used e-revo brushless. We Spent the past day rebuilding his truck as someone decided to sell him a nice mess. Now we can't keep the front end on the ground ever. This is for bashing
    Truck setup is as follows.
    17/68 gearing
    Mmm 2200
    Trencher x tires (non taped) Came with the truck.
    2x 3s traxxas lipos 5000mah
    Slipper is about a half turn out ( using aluminium pads)
    Punch is set to 20%
    Front diff has 50k
    Rear diff has 30k
    P2 Rockers
    I don't know shock oil and current spring rates.
    Currently estimated gearing = 47 mph

The Truck now runs great but once you hit about half -3/4 throttle .. the front becomes perma airborn.
    I assume I have a few options Which of the following would have the most drastic effect ?

1. Swap the front and rear diffs putting 30k in the front and 50k in the rear.. I know it should cause more power to go to the front but will that totally remove his wheeling ability (Always fun) .

2. Gear the truck up . Go up to 20/65 which would put me at 59 mph. I've seen the general rule is 4s = 40 5s = 50 and 6s = 60 but mind you must watch your temps and make sure the motor / esc are happy. Lower gearing can create more torque which could be leading to the truck being wheely happy.

3. Change spring rate and soften up the back so that it isnt so stiff and the truck will sag under heavy acceleration instead of wheeling ?

4. Anything I may have missed that might help.

He is also currently looking at picking up a 4s setup so He shouldn't have quiet as much of a problem keeping it planted. But for the time being any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advanced

RC Qualifier
    you can adjust the punch control and other settings on the MMM to tame it down a bit. also, a wheelie bar will help some...

RC Racer
    wheelie bar is on and set to the lowest setting. and I was going to mess with the punch some more Just hadn't gotten to it.

RC Qualifier
    besides that, you have the right idea. try softer springs in the rear, lower the ride height, adjust gearing, etc...

and practice. throttle control is crucial when running on 6s.

RC Racer
    Fight the urge to mash the trigger..!!!!! In the words of LUDACRIS ..... JuSt RoLl It OuT,

RC Champion
    Less traction, less power, smaller tires, more slipper. My revo does this it gets really annoying.

RC Champion
    Start with loosening the slipper. If you still arent happy, add stiff and oil and springs and then a lower ride height via pushrod location.

RC Qualifier
    Get the Traxxas extended arms for the rear. they help a TON.
    BL E-Revo-After 14months, its done!*
    (yeah right)

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I run on 6s with the slipper tight and it only wheelies when i want it. Can get a good launch on road without the front tyres coming off the ground. Just be gentle on the throttle.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

RC Champion
    I'm not a Revo owner but I thought I read that they have a center diff and by changing the oil wt it will effect how much power is sent to the front and rear. I could be wrong though.

RC Racer
    We got it all situated with some nice throttle control and setting the torque control to 5 it runs smooth as butter and looks like its being alot nicer on the driveshafts ! Thanks for all the input.