RC Competitor

Mip X-duty axles Question

So I bit the bullet and purchased these today after breaking my 2nd axle. Taking off the old axles there is a set screw and pin that locks the axles onto the diffs. The MIP's use the 2 small set screws only with no pin in the middle? Also I ended up using blue loctite instead of red. Should I change that to red? Other than that they seem near indestructible and add some stability to the truck.

Use the blue! Just be sure to let it sit for like 12 hours to cure. You have made a great investment
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    Yes there is 2 ser screws for each flat part coming out of the differential. And yes, blue is perfect. Thats what most of us use
    Racing in the Past, Present, and Future...MAYBE

RC Competitor
    Thanx guys

We are all here to help
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Competitor
    I knew I had 1 more question Instructions say to grease the pivot points? I usually spray the whole truck with silicone spray. Is that cool or do those pivot points really need grease?

RC Racer
    the x-duties are awesome..you will love them. but be careful.i do use the blue loctite and on a very small occasion, they will start to back you. ive never had one fully fall out (knock on wood)!!

RC Qualifier
    I dont spray them or put grease on them. doesnt really matter. i clean them constantly and clean the old loctite off and put new on.
    Racing in the Past, Present, and Future...MAYBE

RC Qualifier
    I used RED loctite on the set screws that hole the cross pins in, but at the diff side I didn't even both using the two set screws they give you... personally, that just looks like a problem waiting to happen... I ordered a set of Revo drive shaft pins and used them instead with some BLUE loctite on the threads. Those pass all the way through the diff output, so no chance of backing out The Revo pins are a little long and stick out the other side a little, but there's no interference issues. If it bothers you, you can always Dremel a little off the end, or I know I've heard of some people using some other pins that were a little shorter, but I never could find a definite answer on what those where for or what the P/N was...
    fix, run, break, repeat

Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    well there you go
    fix, run, break, repeat

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    i want to get a set of these pins but in the meantime i use red thread locker cause those wont come out i have to hit them with a small torch to take them off