RC Racer

Center Diff Question...??

So ever since i have had my truck i have fun the slipper clutch...Now i ordered the Center diff and i put it in tonight. Now I know the truck is somewhat loud with the slipper clutch in it but does now that i put that center diff in it tonight it is alot louder.....Is this normal?? I did change the diff fluid to 50k. It said in directions that stock fluid was 100k.

RC Racer
    So nobody had noticed the center diff to be louder in the truck vs running the slipper clutch??

RC Qualifier
    check the install of the spar gear Should not be louder at all. Us the Search tab on the top of the page Lot of Threads on the center diff.
    4x4 Slash 5.5 Big Block

RC Racer
    uea i tried the search on loud center diff but i did not see anything good. thats why i resorted to everyone here.... well i guess i will tear it apart and look again.....

RC Qualifier
    U must have the pinion mesh to tight loosen it a lil bit and u should notice a huge difference
    EFFORT EQUALS RESULTS

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Lffd927 View Post
    uea i tried the search on loud center diff but i did not see anything good. that's why i resorted to everyone here.... well i guess i will tear it apart and look again.....
    Wow really I just Search center diff and it came up with 20 pages.
    4x4 Slash 5.5 Big Block

RC Qualifier
    The sound stayed the same on mine...
    Does yours go quiet again if the put the slipper back?
    Warning: BAD PERSON-10pt infraction for trolling

RC Racer
    I just took center diff all the way apart relubed it and put it back together installing a different spur gear on it and put it back and meshed it and its still pretty loud. Now i took my slipper apart installed the same tooth spur and put it back together and did the same mesh as the center diff and its so quiet.....thats why i did not know if the center diff was messed up considering i just got it brand new today.

RC Qualifier
    So the issue was the spur gear?
    Warning: BAD PERSON-10pt infraction for trolling

RC Racer
    no its still loud......I took the center diff apart again and i put it back together again while looking at the driveline sxploded view....so after dinner i will see if i was installing the little end pieces of metal wrong inside of the center diff.....so i will update in a little bit....i was meaning it was quiet with the slipper

RC Racer
    Still pretty loud....I read every freaking search under "center diff problems" for the slash 4x4....I even switched the motor mount bearing. I use the King headz motor mount. I know for a fact that the mesh is correct and for a fact that it is installed correct and put together correct. I am using the castle 3800kv and mmp. I just dont know what to do anymore......