RC Champion

Question Stampede 4x4 VXL vs Brushless E-Revo

hey guys, I own a 1/16 slash, just came in after christmas and it's already getting expensive to maintain because I'm beating the crap out of it on road (there's nice jump shaped snowbanks on my road, I can't stop hitting them lol) .. anyway it's going to be summer soon and I want a truck that has good ground clearance and durability in order to handle bashing around in a grassy park (really bumpy, uneven ground, small potholes everywhere).. I just want a truck that can take a good beating without crying about a broken a arm or axle carrier all the time, and most power I'd be using is a 2s lipo or dual in parallel so,..

Can someone with a lot of experience with both of these trucks, please tell me which one can handle more abuse please?

I'm talking about all stock, if both trucks were put through the exact same punishment (medium bashing, 6 ft high drops max), which one would survive longer?

Remember all stock and at most, 2s lipo power

Thanks a lot for reading, really appreciate honest and unbiased opinions, thanks
    6.25% /

RC Racer
    Well first things first the revo is double the price and a much larger truck. You could but the stampede...put a few upgrades on it and bash away forever. My buddy has a e revo and he says it breaks almost everytime he takes it out. Im sure you can upgrade the revo to be superior though. If you have the cash get the revo.
    Stampede VXL 4x4:

MIP Shafts and more....

RC Racer
    the revo IMO opinion is a better truck than the stampede. ive HAD a stampede. i still have both of my Erevo brushless. Wild is right. you can buy 2 4x4 stamps for the price of 1 erevo. but the revo is a bigger truck and yes it breaks more. it has a Mamba Monster 2200kv motor and a monster esc vs the 3500kv velineon motor/esc of a stampede. plus running 6s lipo you are bound to break something.

if you are just wanting to bash around i would just do the Stamp esp if money is going to be an issue (which i can tell is). you can upgrade the stamp to last forever

RC Racer
    Also the stampede is waterproof. Big plus
    Stampede VXL 4x4:

MIP Shafts and more....

RC Champion
    I thought the e-revo was waterproof as well?

money is an issue right now but I'm talking about a couple months when money won't be..

I'm gunna check out the ground clearance on both and see what needs to be waterproofed on the revo

thanks for the input, keep it coming please
    6.25% /

I have always looked at the E-Revo as a car that I wanted to buy some day. But after seeing my buddy who lives a few houses further down the street struggle with his, I decided my Stampede 4x4 with the Castle MMP/2400 in it is better for me. And better for my bank account. When I drive it on 3S, and he is on 4S, he cant keep up with me. On 6S the E-Revo is simply a beast. The MMM/2200 has insane power, and that is how it drives: insane. I bet the Pede will be insane on 4S or 5S too, but I dont need those amounts of insanity.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    I own 2 nitro revo's a pede and a rusty, the pede is my go to truck when i run batteries, but as for the off road handling of the trucks. You're comparing apples and oranges. I love my revo's and if I had an e-revo I might drive it alot more than my nitro's because it would make alot less noise but that's another story.

Bottom line here is that the Stampede 4x4 is a darn tough truck for what it is.

With a "few" upgrades it is a VERY tough truck.

The Revo's are a rich man's toy, nitro or electric.

Hope you buy the pede.
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Champion
    yeah I guess so, I really was leaning towards the revo though , it couldn't be hard to waterproof and I definitely wouldn't have to upgrade the motor or esc

then again I would be spending the same amount to make the pede a friggen tank so I'm gunna start a new post
    6.25% /

RC Racer
    i have dropped some $$$ in my Erevos...i have 2 of them and i think every weekend i need something for one or the other. i know this weekend i had to buy some shock "eyes" since they kept stretching on me.

everything about the revo is more expensive. wheels and tires are a lot more....suspension parts are more, it has double everything the stamp does. but you have to PAY to PLAY!!!

RC Champion
    yeah.. I was originally going with durability so I think I'm going to go with the pede
    6.25% /

RC Racer
    Gully, if you wanna go with durability and MONEY...go with the Stampede...if you want something thats awesome and $$$$$$ go E-Revo!!

i sold my Stampede after i got my revo

RC Champion
    alright a couple erevo questions for you..

is there a way to tank out the erevo? make it unbreakable for what I'm doing with it?..

also if the truck was run at the same speed, how much run time do you get on 2 traxxas 3s 5000mah lipos as appose to two traxxas 2s 7600 mah lipos?
    6.25% /

RC poster
    I have both and honestly in the two years I've had my ERBE I haven't really broke anything. Yes I do bash it hard. I really like
    them both. Revo is my go to car.

RC Champion
    nice, why's everyone else breaking stuff left and right lol

is yours completely stock?
    6.25% /

RC Racer
    i wouldn't say there is a way to bulletproof the revo. My revo i drive most of the time has Tekno front and rear arms, GH knuckles, TRX toe links, GH shocks and shock mounts, and a lot more parts. i still end up messing somethings up.

with the right amount of money, im sure that it could be done, but on a budget and being money minded, no!

RC poster
    I have RPM arms that's it. I don't know why the Erevo gets such a bad reputation maybe I got the only tough one.

RC Racer
    yea, i don't know why they get bad reps either..i love them...thats why i have 2!!!