RC poster

Different tires for different surfaces and other questions, plus an awesome battery

Ok, so I plan on running my KB VXL on several different surfaces, i like the stock tires but they are just a little to hard for me, i need something with just a little more grip (just a little)

My local hobby shops have carpet tracks
    My buddies house has a pavement street we run on

What are the best tires for carpet?
    What are the best tires for pavement?

Also, I am new to the RC Drift world, came from the thrash and bash slash sector, what would make for a better drift car?
    stiffer or softer suspension?
    wider stance or is the stock stance ok on this thing?

Also i found an awesome battery for this (or any other car that uses the same chasis) car
    It can probably be found at almost any airsoft store, i dont know the brand
    you will have to get adapters or change the plugs.
    im running it with the adapter since i still need this thing for my airsoft gun too
    it is a very very snug fit, but it does fit.
    when i say snug i mean it is ALMOST a pain in the *** to get it in and out (thats what she said)
    if put in the other direction the wires will not fit through the standard wire slot
    so i am running it wires forward to prevent wires from rubbing on the tires

it is a 2500mah 7.4 LiPo 15c
    measures 1 5/32" wide x 5/8" tall x 5 1/8" long (sorry, i dont have a millimeter ruler)

Here is the battery

Here is what it looks like inside the car

here is a link to buy it
    http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/...oducts_id=5578

RC poster
    your gonna want a faster discharge rate then 15c. 25-30's gonna work a bunch better. Mind you that 2500 15c should last for a dang long time. They can be found in the same size as the one you have for around $20ish. Try removing the front latch/air vent and running the power leads out there. Lot cleaner and you won't hook the door and rip it off.

As for tires, I'm still trying to figure that out as well. I'll be running on packed dirt so I'm gonna look for something with a bit of tread.
    Last edited by zeroack; 02-23-2012 at 09:58 AM.

RC Racer
    I have a Rally VXL. I run only on pavement so that's what sort of tire I'll suggest. HPI has quite a few different touring tires out there I would start looking at those. Really tread doesn't matter on such a small car so pick out a tread you think looks cool. What you want to look out for are the softer rubber compound tires they make like these.

These are super soft and grippy.

I ended up picking out a different tread pattern but just as soft of a tire. I absolutely love them. Here they are on my Rally.

I mounted these Super Radials on the bronze rally wheels. Thought the color combo looked neat. Oh, don't forget that you'll need 26mm tires.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroack View Post
    your gonna want a faster discharge rate then 15c. 25-30's gonna work a bunch better. Mind you that 2500 15c should last for a dang long time. They can be found in the same size as the one you have for around $20ish. Try removing the front latch/air vent and running the power leads out there. Lot cleaner and you won't hook the door and rip it off.

As for tires, I'm still trying to figure that out as well. I'll be running on packed dirt so I'm gonna look for something with a bit of tread.
    that battery literally fills every square inch of the compartment, removing the vents will do nothing

also, i notice no difference between my 15c battetys and 30c batteries

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by VW_Chris View Post
    that battery literally fills every square inch of the compartment, removing the vents will do nothing

also, i notice no difference between my 15c battetys and 30c batteries
    He means if you run the wires out the battery vent then you will be able to close the battery door. I just trimmed the doors to let the wires out
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.