RC poster

Drive shaft "slop"?

I was bashing yesterday and had a pretty wild flip on pavement. Tires dug in when I wasn't expecting them to, and it barreled and went up on its nose. Wish I got it recorded, tbh.

Anyway, this morning I was looking the chassis over and noticed the driveshaft has some "slop" to it where it can move to the front and back of the chassis (by a 1/4 inch or so). I can't remember this happening before, but maybe it has. Is this normal?

Thanks!

RC Enthusiast
    Mine has about the same amount of slop back and forth. If there was no slop and you hit something head on things could bind and break.

RC poster
    Thanks! That makes sense. Just didn't want to risk messing up the ds in the next run.

You will be just fine. Like Jeep said, its put there just so it can move if it has a hard enough impact.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC poster
    Thanks El! I appreciate the help.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep75 View Post
    Mine has about the same amount of slop back and forth. If there was no slop and you hit something head on things could bind and break.
    this is true, but it doesn't always keep things from breaking! My buddy looked at over at my truck and ran head on in the curb, looked it over real quick, didn't notice to much bumper was fine, body was fine, seemed to be okay. once we got back inside I took a better look at it and it split the front diff housing in 2 pices, pretty cool carnage!!! $4 and back in business!
    Slash 4x4