RC poster

Cool my rally... search fun touring setup

hi to all, i'm omix from italy
    I'm working on my rally to improve the touring side...
    here's the steps...

starting from a used stock

first test shows a funny car but ugly stock tires, with foam was better.
    After that i start to work on airflow... (thanx to prototyp posts)

revo wing and homemade underchassis, they work very well and r2hobbies tires was great! but too soft and with very short life.
    Stability grow but i still have problems...
    The under chassis is too big and i broke it on a jump, springs are too soft for on road, weight balance are not good... and the walls are hard

here's the actual step, fit in body underchassis (i'm working on new ones) and integy springs kit (now set with strongher). i can't test it now but i'm working on next step...

New tires, improved underchassis, weight on front for balance, new custom alluminium chassis.
    Aesthetics: the body is not painted, i tested wrapping vynils, next step will be with leds

i hope to be useful for someone as someone was useful for me
    Last edited by omix; 02-20-2012 at 05:17 PM.

RC poster

i forgot video

RC Racer
    I've really been wanting to do an under body. I've been looking at prototyp's posts as well. The reason I haven't made one yet is I have no place that's smooth enough to allow the body to be so low to the ground without destroying my work. I really to like the MERV wing on your Rally. Do you notice that wing giving off any help in high speed runs as far as aerodynamics go?

RC poster
    i found a small fit under body good in light offroad and water cause it slide faster on rock etcetc, with wing the car is more stable in speed run straight and in large and speed turns, as stock in low speed.

with both i found a better grip in high speed but rear tires become slick a bit faster XD

RC Qualifier

Fwiw, Stratocore is quite durable. I'm six months in, now, running (and occasionally crashing) on the street with the same splitter/floor/diffuser rig. I've had to reattach some strakes and make a set of splitter brackets but other than that, very little in the way of mending. Its a little ugly now but still works very well.

I do run pretty low, that central front skid is less than a quarter inch off the ground. Little pebbles aren't much of a problem, but anything over a half inch gets the car airborne.

As it is today... Note that the splitter's been folded up in half in some frontal crashes a few times. The diffuser design transfers any rear impacts to the full length of the rear suspension arms, so also quite robust:

Working on some tweeks to move the CP more forward...
    The prototype project.

RC poster
    i'm sure it works better than mine but i don't like parts so close to wheels and arm, i like the rear part, how do you fix it?

RC poster
    next step on work!

what i can do with this pack?

pack full of metal

the transfert start!

2 hours later it's done, i need to fix receiver and esc, now the rally looks better balanced and higher rear.
    I will mount downchassis and i will try

RC poster

RC Qualifier
    Keep up the great work I might pick up a fiesta today
    press the any key... where is the any key....

RC poster
    the work continues...

pasting the underchassis

and put some lights

here with nightdress

RC poster
    here's the first test...

the car is most stable now and go better

RC Qualifier
    That looks great! How did you attach the underchassis? I have studied both yours and proto's pics and i cant figure it out!
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.

RC poster
    i put ducktape under the chassis and after it was be glued