RC Racer

MIP vibration problem.....

Got new MIP x-duty rear axles for both mine and my sons Pede 4x4. Mine are fine, but I noticed a wicked vibration on his. Thought they were the rear bearing carriers at first and filed the plastic carriers a little. Still had a bad vibration.

Worked the suspension and observed it only vibrates when left rear arm is fully extended, vibration goes away when arm is compressed. Switched out parts with mine and was able to work it down to the upper female link attached to the rear differential.

I red loctited the pieces so I haven't been able to switch out the upper female shaft with another. It seems to bind when it is at the max angle with the arm fully extended.

All the other joints and shafts have no problem.

Thoughts......experience?
    Last edited by Summitvxl; 02-20-2012 at 12:13 AM.

You may have gotten some loctite on a part that restricts movement. I did that my first time putting them together. I recommend blue loctite. Take them apart, clean then really well and reinstall. I think it will go away.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Racer
    Any ideas on removing red Loctite?

RC Competitor
    The best way I've found to remove red loctite is to use heat. If I can't apply heat directly to the fastener that is stuck, I'll heat up the wrench first and let the heat transfer into the fastener. I don't use my good tools to do this though. Ill use a cheap "L" wrench so if it gets damaged its cheap to fix.

If you have a soldering gun, put that right on the screws. That will heat them up!

RC Racer
    Got the screw out with a butane lighter.

Called up MIP and a new drive output and rebuild kit is on way thanks to warranty. A solid out to Matt at MIP for great customer service.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    If you have a soldering gun, put that right on the screws. That will heat them up!
    That's a good idea! I'm defiantly going to use that one.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Summitvxl View Post

Called up MIP and a new drive output and rebuild kit is on way thanks to warranty. A solid out to Matt at MIP for great customer service.
    That's good to hear they stand behind their products.

Quote Originally Posted by Summitvxl View Post

Called up M

IP and a new drive output and rebuild kit is on way thanks to warranty. A solid out to Matt at MIP for great customer service.

How long is the warranty?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    You may have gotten some loctite on a part that restricts movement. I did that my first time putting them together. I recommend blue loctite. Take them apart, clean then really well and reinstall. I think it will go away.
    Did you ever have trouble getting something apart after putting it together with blue loctite?

Quote Originally Posted by bruggar1 View Post
    Did you ever have trouble getting something apart after putting it together with blue loctite?
    It is a little tight. It all comes loose with little work. Holds together great