RC Competitor

T-bone or no? Other options.

Anyone with T-Bone front bumper and/or skid? Any feedback or other options..??

RC Racer
    I just got mine and it looks great and super strong. I'm having troubles getting it positioned just right as not to mess up my servo saver, but thats my own fault. I smashed a bunch of stuff on a nasty impact at about 40mph and think the full skid would have helped a ton!

RC Competitor
    Good to know. I'm think of getting the front bumper & skid. Wonder why no rear bumper for the Summit yet.

RC Qualifier
    My package is part #62116 and has the front bumper and skid plate. The skid plate doesn't look like the one on the website and doesn't seem to fit well. The whole front on the skid plate is bent and on the website only the corners are bent. Any one have experienced this before during their install?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by bruggar View Post
    My package is part #62116 and has the front bumper and skid plate. The skid plate doesn't look like the one on the website and doesn't seem to fit well. The whole front on the skid plate is bent and on the website only the corners are bent. Any one have experienced this before during their install?
    My one arrived on Friday so got it fitted over the weekend, it fitted spot on, no problems at all. Have you got any photos of yours? Sounds like you might the skid plate the wrong way around?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
    My one arrived on Friday so got it fitted over the weekend, it fitted spot on, no problems at all. Have you got any photos of yours? Sounds like you might the skid plate the wrong way around?
    The front of your skid plate is it all ebnt up or just the corners? A picture would be great?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by bruggar View Post
    The front of your skid plate is it all ebnt up or just the corners? A picture would be great?
    it bends slightly at the front and rear, more so at the front to avoid contact with the steering arm. I've also trimmed the front bumper down slightly so I can still run the summit wheels/tyres. Hope these photos are ok for you, if you want any more give me a shout.

RC Qualifier
    it bends slightly at the front and rear, more so at the front to avoid contact with the steering arm. I've also trimmed the front bumper down slightly so I can still run the summit wheels/tyres. Hope these photos are ok for you, if you want any more give me a shout.

Mine doesn't look anything like that. The one on the Tbone website for the Summit looks different than that as well.

RC Competitor
    Ah sorry my bad, I just looked at the tbone site, my skid plate is for a mini revo but where I bought it from it was advertised that it would fit revo/slash/summit. FYI the set I bought fits the summit perfect apart from the front bumper which needed trimmed down so the bigger tyres of the summit would fit.

RC Qualifier

Are you running with merv rear arms?
    Cars: erevo vxl, 1/16 summit, stampede vxl, tmaxx

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by revomaxx2223 View Post
    Are you running with merv rear arms?
    Yeah, merv RPM arms front and rear.