RC Racer

Help with new problem today! I think clutch

Well after getting mip shafts and having a fun day bashing now something else is wrong with truck. I put three 2 cells through it yesterday and everything was working great. I tightned my slipper all the way down and then let it out a quarter turn before running and it was running awesome. fast..wheelies...the works...

Well today I went to drive it (changed nothing) and it was making a high pitched noise and would not pop wheelies. I checked the slipper and it was still where I left it. I tightened it up alittle more and same thing. Then I loosed it alot and then the car would not run. The gears were not touching. It appeared the motor gear moved to far from the main gear. I then moved the motor back to where it was turning the gears and the truck would drive again but was still sounding funny and would not do wheelies. Is my slipper done for? All I wanna do it enjoy this truck and something keeps happeing everytime I take it out. Should I have bought a savage??????????????????
    Stampede VXL 4x4:

MIP Shafts and more....

RC Racer
    When I noticed that my Stampede wasn't popping wheelies like it used to, I looked at the wheel hub hexes. Apparently the 4mm nut that holds the wheel on loosened up and allowed the plastic hub hex to strip, along with the inside of the wheel.

RC Racer
    then why does it sound funny?
    Stampede VXL 4x4:

MIP Shafts and more....

A high pitch sound if often caused by the slipper. Maybe it was too loose too long and the pads are worn.
    Nobody is born with experience.

There is a plastic hub adapter that the motor mount bearing sits on. If that melts it makes a sound simular to what you are describing.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Racer
    well after watching vids I don't even think I was adjusting the slipper. All I have done is turn that little bolt thing that adjusts the gears. It appears the slipper is tightrned by the drive shaft and by moving the truck forward or backwards
    Stampede VXL 4x4:

MIP Shafts and more....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbills rc View Post
    well after watching vids I don't even think I was adjusting the slipper. All I have done is turn that little bolt thing that adjusts the gears. It appears the slipper is tightrned by the drive shaft and by moving the truck forward or backwards
    Removing the rear section of your truck is the easiest way to adjust your slipper. All you need to do is remove the 4 hex head button screws shown in your owners manual.

Hope this helps.
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by NITR0 newbie View Post
    Removing the rear section of your truck is the easiest way to adjust your slipper. All you need to do is remove the 4 hex head button screws shown in your owners manual.

Hope this helps.
    Gonna do that as soon as my little boy takes a nap. Now what the **** is the scrw that I thought was the slipper? The one right on top that you dont have to take anything off to get to? Looks like it helps move the motor around so the gears mesh properly
    Stampede VXL 4x4:

MIP Shafts and more....

RC Qualifier
    Like Double G always say's "Your owner's manual is your best bathroom reading material"

It vexes me when he is always right lol.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Yeah the one you were turning with a hex driver was for the motor mount to adjust gear mesh. Like you stated you can use the wrench to hold in place and moving the model to forward/ revers to tighten/ loosen the slipper.

Like Double G always say's "Your owner's manual is your best bathroom reading material"

It vexes me when he is always right lol.
    That is so wrong but yet so RIGHT!!!!! hahah
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=DiggerPede;5066024]Yeah the one you were turning with a hex driver was for the motor mount to adjust gear mesh. Like you stated you can use the wrench to hold in place and moving the model to forward/ revers to tighten/ loosen the slipper.

How do you do that with the center drive shaft cover in the way?

On the older Slash models the cover ended just before the nut. I don't know about the Pede. The easiest way to adjust the slipper is to remove the four screws that hole the rear end on. Wiggle it, until it comes off. The slipper will be right there. Putting it back on can be a little more challenging. It's as till easy. If you put the rear end back on and it doesn't want to slide all the way in. Hole one of the rear tires and spin the other until it slides in. Quick and easy
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Yeah the one you were turning with a hex driver was for the motor mount to adjust gear mesh. Like you stated you can use the wrench to hold in place and moving the model to forward/ revers to tighten/ loosen the slipper.

That is so wrong but yet so RIGHT!!!!! hahah
    well crap. Noe my gear mesh is gonna be all outta wack. What the best way to make sure my gear mesh is right?
    Stampede VXL 4x4:

MIP Shafts and more....

How do you do that with the center drive shaft cover in the way?
    2 screws and you pop the center driveshaft cover off.

Quote Originally Posted by wildbills rc View Post
    well crap. Noe my gear mesh is gonna be all outta wack. What the best way to make sure my gear mesh is right?
    Mesh: Loosen the motor screw, cut a thin strip of notebook paper, slide the motor & pinion gear into the spur. Retighten the motor screws & then remove the stip of paper. You should be able to run the paper through there w/o the gears binding. Most of my models I can set them by eye and sound. But i will check them once in a while to be sure.

Slipper: Being it's such a tight location if you have problems, i'd suggest busting the rear end off with the 4 button head screws and attacking it ( like El Sob said ). It's like once you have it set you really shouldnt have to readjust for a little while. That is one good thing i like about hte P4de it's really nice to work on. The Slipper isnt the easiest sometimes.
    Last edited by DiggerPede; 02-20-2012 at 11:14 AM.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Truck is fixed guys. Apparently the slipped could go alot tighten then I thought it could. I didnt wanna break anything but after making it tighter the truck runs like a beast. Just put 2 packs through it and had a blast. Cant wait for my upgrades to come in this week
    Stampede VXL 4x4:

MIP Shafts and more....

Here's a pic of my P4de. If i've shown ya already sorry. LOL

Truck:

As a Truggy, with Castle MMP 2400:
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Here's a pic of my P4de. If i've shown ya already sorry. LOL

Ya. LOL you have shown me. badass body though. Im about to dremel my body posts down some
    Stampede VXL 4x4:

MIP Shafts and more....