RC Champion

Question Is my battery dead or what?? Please help!

My power cell 4200mah 7 cell still holds a charge, but it no longer gives out good power...its kind of weak.
    I know it's weak because my venom 3000mah has WAY more power. And they're both 7 cell nimhs.
    Is the 4200mah battery's life over, or am I doing something wrong?

RC Champion
    Has it still got the same run time? If so well it's toast I'm afraid. Same way mine went. Then I went lipo and even though I'm having issues (which are due to manufacturing processes) I have never even bothered trying to look back at nimh
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    It seemed to have about the same run time....just less power.
    Crap...it wasn't a cheap battery, too...

RC Champion
    Don't worry your learn as you go. The issues I mentioned with my Li-Po are going to shorten its life drastically and bin the 70$ I paid for it shipped to me in the UK
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    Wow vxl that really stinks...

RC Competitor
    I had the same problem i only got a small amount charges out a nimh thats why you need lipo

RC Champion
    I've been thinking about going lipo...are the hardcase packs safer than the soft case packs?

RC poster
    I came on here to investigate the same problem I'm having with my 7 cell. Isn't putting out as much power as my 6 cell.

I feel like every time I bring my car out to play it leads to me needing to buy something for it soon.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuck3lz View Post
    I came on here to investigate the same problem I'm having with my 7 cell. Isn't putting out as much power as my 6 cell.

I feel like every time I bring my car out to play it leads to me needing to buy something for it soon.
    Oh man how right you are these things are money pits. So far, to me it's still worth the money, though.
    Mine has gone for two days without me needing to buy anything....amazing lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by upbasher View Post
    I've been thinking about going lipo...are the hardcase packs safer than the soft case packs?
    If you do bashing go for the hardcase, softcase is way more better because you can see if the battery pops it will make a bulky shape and it won't be safe to use anymore , watch on thos, lipos are prone to explode.

RC Qualifier
    Just wondering if you have tried to cycle them. If not I would give that a shot. I would also try running completely dead so it doesn't even turn the tire when being held up. Then do a slow charge like a half of an amp or use the factory traxxas charger.

RC Qualifier
    is it possible for a 7 cell only run 6 cells instead... i used to get like 10 min out of my 7cell 3000mah but now i only get 5 min i got a new motor for my stampede.. but would that be the problem (the motor) or is it sommething else

THANKS!

RC poster
    im wondering the same kinda thing! i was jumping my slash 2wd last few days. yesterday it did fine it ran down the battery itself, today i jumped and all the sudden it quit the sterring servo was working but the actual slash wouldnt move please someone tell me what u think happened is the tition messed up or just the battery ran dead on me?