RC Racer

High pitch sound?

Anyone have any idea why in forward or reverse there is a very high pitch screetching sound.
    I checked slipper, motor pinion is touching gear and it's not stripped. tried putting on differential still screetching. I am stumped!
    The car still moves full throttle in forward and reverse but has a really high pitched screech noise?
    anyone have any idea what it might be

RC poster
    Your motor might be on too tight. I think the gearings are too close together.

RC Qualifier
    pinion/spur mesh might be to tight and id recheck the slipper one more time and make sure your pad aren't worn out

RC Qualifier
    or you have a bearing failure the diff bearing is notorious for going bad
    MINE ARE FASTER THAN GPS!!!

RC Racer
    I bearings in slipper and motor mount look good but I did notice the three pads look a bit scuffed up?

RC Qualifier
    what about the motor bearings????????
    MINE ARE FASTER THAN GPS!!!

RC Racer
    My king headz motor mount bearing looks good, the bearing in slipper looks good, adjusted the nut on slipper, how it's suppose to be.
    I did notice the three pads in slipper were a bit scuffed up tho, not sure if that would cause it to screetch.

RC Champion
    i have the same problem with the high pitch noise. I replaced the pads on my slipper, fresh gear, fresh pinion and it still makes the noise. Ive been troubleshooting for a while to find whats up.
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Racer
    I Checked everything over, took entire car apart, I think the motor is half way shot.
    it seems like that's were the screetching noise is coming from, and sometimes it takes a couple seconds for tires to grip and go :-(

RC Racer
    Yup sounds like your motor is shot the magnet has come loose from the shaft. You running a 3s? happened to me too from over heating the motor.

RC Racer
    I was running a 2 s only one pack in heavy wet snow, I wonder if that overworked the motor.

That's what it sounds like to me. Is it still under warranty? Call Traxxas and see what they can do for you.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Racer
    Yep, I think they will cover it bc its been about 50 days but, the esc went the first day I had it so I wasn't runing it for three weeks till a new one was sent to me.

RC Qualifier
    good luck, i didn't get any extra time and i had to send it in twice and the third time i got the rma # before the warranty went out and the motor got there a week after the warranty was up they tried to charge me i think $40 so i went and got a castle system

plus the 2nd time i sent it in i intentionally opened the motor and pulled the bearing from the silver cap and put it under the bushing and put it back together and boxed it up and shipped it out. just to see if they're really doing there job over there. i got it back a week and 2 days later with paper work that said, "motor tested to be ok" took the motor out of the box and opened it up and to my surprise it was the exact same way as when i shipped it off. the bearing was still under the bushing

how could it be tested to be ok if it came back the same way as when i sent it off - there is something fishy about that - oh well i learned not to buy a RTR next time

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Koda Dank View Post
    good luck, i didn't get any extra time and i had to send it in twice and the third time i got the rma # before the warranty went out and the motor got there a week after the warranty was up they tried to charge me i think $40 so i went and got a castle system

plus the 2nd time i sent it in i intentionally opened the motor and pulled the bearing from the silver cap and put it under the bushing and put it back together and boxed it up and shipped it out. just to see if they're really doing there job over there. i got it back a week and 2 days later with paper work that said, "motor tested to be ok" took the motor out of the box and opened it up and to my surprise it was the exact same way as when i shipped it off. the bearing was still under the bushing

how could it be tested to be ok if it came back the same way as when i sent it off - there is something fishy about that - oh well i learned not to buy a RTR next time
    what type of castle did you buy?
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Qualifier
    well first i bought the sidewinder sct 3800 and ran it for a couple months but found that it got hotter than i was comfortable with and it was limited to a 12/52 max gearing when it was a MT

then i bought the mmp esc and that fixed all the heat issues i was having. i was able to gear it higher. geared 16/54 on 2s and 3s

i just sold my 3800 motor to a friend for $30 so i could work out a deal were he would get a new mmp esc for $100 and i would get the 2400 motor for $100 so im waiting on that to get here sometime next week

in the meantime i threw a crawler motor i had laying around in it and it is a laughing good time, my girlfriend was putting away groceries last night and i kept pushing them across the room until she threw an something at me - i never laughed so hard in my life