RC Enthusiast

What transmittters are you using?

I Need to upgrade my transmitter i have a old old one any suggestions

RC Qualifier
    I use a fly sky gt3-b and love it, it's inexpensive an has some cool features. Also has a long range. I got mine online from a hobby partz website

[QUOTE=thumperc25;5062716]I use a fly sky gt3-b and love it, it's inexpensive an has some cool features. Also has a long range. I got mine online from a hobby partz website[/QUOTE

Likewise. I use the same radio, and am a big fan. Along with alot of people

RC Qualifier
    I use a Spektrum DX3C. It has expo for steering and throttle, a timer, sub-trim and many other things. I love it.

RC Qualifier
    Im old school . i use an etronix probe (et1110) which is a stock stuyle. Love it, loads of features i havnt even figured out yet!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Airtronics MT4... maybe a bit more than your looking for. But really the last radio you'll ever need.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Traxxas 2.4ghz Link, Flysky GT3B, Spektrum DX3S <-- have on order a Traxxas TQi. Would like to get a Futaba 4pKs FASST.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Competitor
    Flysky GT3B....can't beat for the $$$$ imo

RC Qualifier
    Spectrum DX3R kinda expensive but super nice
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Spektrum dx3s makes a great $260 paper weight, or sometimes I use it to hold the hobby room door open.

Flysky gt3b - $40 bucks that was very well spent.

Traxxas 2.4ghz link - basic radio and good performer

Traxxas TQi - Pricey, Looks awesome, has a ton of options, syncs with iPod or iPhone, full telemetry. Don't know how good it is though, it came with my XO-1 and hasn't been out of the box yet. They don't make ski kits for the xo-1 yet, but maybe I'll try some paddles tires on it. Lol.
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Qualifier
    I've tried several different Tx/Rx combos lately... Including the FlySky GT3B. It's usually great, however, I noticed the other day that it was cutting out at around 400 ft away. I'm running a Traxxas 2.4ghz in my ERBE and I know it'll do at least twice that range without a hiccup. Also, the exponential steering/throttle control doesn't work on my FlySky. Never has...never will. Drives me nuts. Tried it in my ERBE, but it was undrivable....hated it. Put it in my XLPede and it's fine. It was cheap, and making adjustments with the features that do work is really easy and fast. Also, the FlySky takes 8 batteries instead of 4 like most other newer Tx's.

If it's in your price range and you don't care about the exponential features, I'd say go for the FlySky. If you're the type of guy who's going to adjust settings when you're initially setting it up and then leave it alone...I'd look for a good used Traxxas 2.4ghz personally. Just my opinion.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    Spektrum dx3s makes a great $260 paper weight, or sometimes I use it to hold the hobby room door open.
    Need another one??? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    Traxxas TQi - Pricey, Looks awesome, has a ton of options, syncs with iPod or iPhone, full telemetry. Don't know how good it is though, it came with my XO-1 and hasn't been out of the box yet. They don't make ski kits for the xo-1 yet, but maybe I'll try some paddles tires on it. Lol.
    I'm anxious to get mine in. The model profiles are the things I can't wit to get my hands on, sky's the limit. Haha ive heard of a few bugs so far but they will ge ironed out in due time.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore