RC poster

Slayer won't hold idel

I try to start the truck and wants to lurch forward and will not idel. The transmission gears are turning at start up. The truck will run if you gas it right after it fires up. Any ideas????

Thank you,
    Ricky racer

RC Enthusiast
    Sounds like you need a new clutch. Easy fix

RC Competitor
    I went to the LHS here to see if they have that clutch shoe and spring PN 4616X. I had to do the same "block the vehicle to keep it from wanting to drive away while starting, once started though it run until I hit the breaks. Pull your motor and the behind the spur gear and under it is a 2 peace and a spring. My spring was broken it is less than $10 part, I hope this fixes your issue. Good Luck
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 93 Chevy View Post
    I went to the LHS here to see if they have that clutch shoe and spring PN 4616X. I had to do the same "block the vehicle to keep it from wanting to drive away while starting, once started though it run until I hit the breaks. Pull your motor and the behind the spur gear and under it is a 2 peace and a spring. My spring was broken it is less than $10 part, I hope this fixes your issue. Good Luck
    +1, get a new clutch assembly.
    Matthew 7:7

RC Qualifier
    Something is jamming your clutch, so it's engaged 100% of the time. My friend blew a clutch bearing and a one of the ball baerings got stuck in the clutch. You don't neccessarily need a whole new assembly, diagnose the problem first, then you'll know if you do or don't.