RC Racer

Lipo charging question

I charged my 4s lipos and ran them for about 30min.I know their not even close to being dead.What Im woundering is,can I recharge them back to full power before I run the car or should I try and drain more juice from them?Will it hurt the life of the batts?Iv never had lipos before.It may be a stpid question,but Id like to know so I dont mess them up.

A question that potentially saves you time and money is NOT stupid.

"Not close to dead" is pretty ambiguous. If they're at 3.6 to 4.0 volts per cell I wouldn't go crazy unless I didn't plan to run for a week or more. I typically charge, run, and then charge or discharge to a 3.8 volts per cell storage level.

Leaving LiPos at full charge for long periods is bad. It increases internal resistance and decreases capacity.

Storage levels should be verified with your battery manufacturer but usually range between 3.6 and 3.8 volts per cell at rest.

If you plan to run the next day, you can charge the packs without worry. If you charge the packs and then are unable to run the batteries down, you should discharge the cells to the storage level instead of letting them sit fully charged.

If you can set your LVC to 3.4 V/cell or higher your packs will thank you.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    Thanks dude.Now I know.