Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan, in the Thumb
    Posts
    267

    I need bigger shocks!

    I have my basher slash with a 4s lipo and mamba monster 2200kv and was wondering what shocks are people useing to suport the extra weight? This thing is a tank especially with the roll cage i just got for it. Is there 1/8 scale shocks that are a perfect or near perfect fit for this truck? i have big bores on but with those orange springs now with 70wght oil in it and it bottoms out easy and is real springy.
    Last edited by jeremy6.5revo; 02-16-2012 at 06:53 PM.
    MMM 2200kv 4x4 Slash
    1/10 Rally
    1/16 Slash

  2. #2
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Springfield, Ma.
    Posts
    3,359
    I would give Hot bodies D8 or Losi ten shocks a chance. Both are very big bored shocks that will change your basher.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

  3. #3
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    El Sobrante, Ca
    Posts
    8,124
    My Proline shocks support my Slash quite well. I have the 2400 system on 4s. You are probably more heavy. They have spring kits to help dial them in.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

  4. #4
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    I would give Hot bodies D8 or Losi ten shocks a chance. Both are very big bored shocks that will change your basher.
    I agree with above. Vorza shocks fit as well, same part number as D8's. Need four front shocks. Do a search in google on D8 shocks for slash. There is a great tutorial that I followed to get this done.

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan, in the Thumb
    Posts
    267
    Cool thanks guys for the info.
    MMM 2200kv 4x4 Slash
    1/10 Rally
    1/16 Slash

  6. #6
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    176
    How durable is that cage? The price is right. Hate Integy but it can't be all bad... or maybe it is.
    From parts UNKNOWN

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan, in the Thumb
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by grn_bstrd View Post
    How durable is that cage? The price is right. Hate Integy but it can't be all bad... or maybe it is.
    I haven't even drove it yet with the cage. I am kinda frustrated with the suspension but i will. my buddy had it and he said he did so pretty hard crashes and its not bent any where.
    MMM 2200kv 4x4 Slash
    1/10 Rally
    1/16 Slash

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    6,731


    I love the 1/8 buggy shocks

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan, in the Thumb
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post


    I love the 1/8 buggy shocks
    Yeah thats exactly what i want! do you have any youtube videos of it running?
    MMM 2200kv 4x4 Slash
    1/10 Rally
    1/16 Slash

  10. #10
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    19
    Hey what are the wheels and tires you haves on the very first pic? I've been looking every where for the name of these wheels. I think the tires are Bandlands but I want the wheels to! 17mm adapters to right? Thanks for your help and looks cool. I'm running the Powerstrokes also and love them! There pretty tuff and are holding up to some radical stuff with ease so far!
    I'm running 6owt oil front and rear and have the springs kit to, but I'm still running the ones that came mounted there so good-

  11. #11
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelieshelton View Post
    Hey what are the wheels and tires you haves on the very first pic? I've been looking every where for the name of these wheels. I think the tires are Bandlands but I want the wheels to! 17mm adapters to right? Thanks for your help and looks cool. I'm running the Powerstrokes also and love them! There pretty tuff and are holding up to some radical stuff with ease so far!
    I'm running 6owt oil front and rear and have the springs kit to, but I'm still running the ones that came mounted there so good-

    I have those same wheels ( I think ) they are big blocks on 17mm buggy wheels.
    Google supra sales on eBay. Like $25 shipped for a set of 4.
    I love them for bashing
    As for shocks I'm running ofna buggy shocks with shortened travel.
    Slash 4x4
    MMM 2650
    Rustler VXL
    Emaxx

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •