RC Competitor

Short Course Revo

I wanted to change up the look of my revo. I have always wanted to fit a short course body on it. It looks huge compared to the stock body. I also wanted to try out a new paintjob idea that I had. This is the result.

Last edited by markarch; 02-15-2012 at 06:56 PM.

RC Qualifier
    That looks mean man! Grade A paint job and fitment!!
    Lock, Stomp, and Steer. No Fear

RC Competitor
    Thanks man.

RC Qualifier
    Now put Slayer Pro suspension and bumpers on it, with some buggy sized wheels/tires, and you've got yourself an E-Slayer Brushless!!!

ERBE Summit E-Slayer
    EMBE
    Rustler
    P4DE Sl4sh

RC Competitor
    That looks good. I just like the higher ride height and stance that I have now. The added width of the body just gives it that mean look. To me it looks like a desert trick truck on steroids.

RC Champion
    Nice paint!

Just say no to wraps.

RC Competitor
    I have always wanted to try a wrap but I could always do the designs that I wanted with paint. My curiosity with wraps is how in the world do the conform to the body so nicely. This paintjob took me about 4 hours of painting. I bet I would have that much time in fitting the wrap to my shell!

RC Qualifier
    Can have high ride height too...

Not quite Revo high but....
    ERBE Summit E-Slayer
    EMBE
    Rustler
    P4DE Sl4sh

RC Qualifier
    That looks Great, markarch.

I'm looking to paint a new lid and wondering if you could give me some ideas on how you created that look.

Thanks for sharing

RC Competitor
    Thanks LD.
    I use liquid mask by Bob Dively for the masking of the designs. I just cut random jagged lines for the edges of the colors. I basically used all Parma colors for the paint. Flourescent Green, Black, white, silver, dark silver, transparent green. The tribal patterns, I printed from the internet. Some were custom by me and some were images that I found. I don't really have the patience to design my own tribal patterns and there are really cool ones out there if you look hard enough.

For the paint splatter, I used coffee stirrers to load paint into the end and blew the paint onto the body. By blowing with different speeds it would create different splatter patterns. The harder I blew the more scattered the paint would be. The softer that I blew the larger splotches would be created. That is really all there is to it. Once I blew some splatter, I would hit it for a couple minutes with a hair dryer to start the drying of the paint. The splatter goes on pretty thick so it is best to wait for it to dry before you back it with paint. There really is no way to screw up splatter designs but some compositions look better than others.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Mark

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yea Slash/SC bodies on the revo look awesome.

Revo body on a Slash, not so much.

RC Qualifier
    lol the poor slash. Nice paint job dude that is sick.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Revoman859

RC Competitor
    Ducati,
    I remember seeing your revo with that body on it a while back. One of the reasons that I wanted to do one for mine. They do look killer with that wider shell.

RC Competitor
    Hey guys. In the spirit of the splatter painting technique, I wanted to show you another shell that I did for my buggy. I may actually do a short course shell for the revo with a similar style but with orange and black colors.

RC Qualifier
    How do you guys have the sct bodies sit and not rub? Is it just body posts all the way up?

RC Competitor
    My body posts are in the middle and they work just fine. I just cut a little bit off of the front fender. My tires were rubbing on the body when they were fully turned. Just a little trim and it was all better. I was surprised at how nicely it fit.

RC Competitor
    How does the body fit with the revo sitting lower, like around the shafts parallel with the grounds or slightly lower?

RC Competitor
    I don't know about that ride setting. I run my Revo higher and use my truggy for that type of setup. I would guess that you would need to trim a little bit of the fenders. The wheels that I have on mine in the photos don't have an offset. With my 1/2" offset wheels the body does not even touch the tires so that may be the way to go if you want the lower ride height.

RC Qualifier
    That's probably the coolest paint job I've seen.... You kinda make the rest of us look like cavemen using sidewalk chalk!
    Seriously nice job, man.

RC Champion
    Really nice paint job. Sent a pic to my buddy for his revo.

RC Competitor
    Thanks guys! I'm glad you like them.