RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar

Evx-2 lvd confirmed

I just got off the phone with a customer service rep at traxxas who had product in his hand. He confirmed to me that the new summit that ships with the TQi Radio DOES come with an EVX-2 WITH LVD... its a running change and there is NO change in part number. If you can't speak to a physical person with the box in their hand to confirm what the box says you may not get this version of the summit if you buy from an online retailer.

just thought that was interesting information.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Did you happen to ask if there was a power option for those without a LVD?

I didn't, no. But I'm sure it would be the typical $50 or so they charge for an out of warranty replacement. Which is alot to pay if your current EVX-2 is working and you already have a working LVA...

Im trying to buy a Summit to part out but can't get a confirmation from tower as to which truck I would be shipped. They say they just pull from the shelf and whatever you get is what you get. It could be the TQi with LVD or it could be the TQ2.4 with no LVD... all the same price. Amain has the TQi truck listed but for $150 MORE than the suggested selling price and over $200 more than what I can get it for from tower. So thats not an option.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, I'd be interested in spending $100 on 2 new ESC's with LVD, but if there's no change in part number, how would you know if the part they were sending you was one with LVD or just a new ESC that's been sitting around for a while?
    I'll wait a little while to see where this goes...
    Bash OR crawl? No, the Summit does it all!

RC Champion
    i had read one of them internet stories saying this person got an evx2 (nearly a year ago), they also had an evx2 from an old vehicle. Coming to set up the new one it was doing wierd things with led flashing or changing lights, which the old one didn't. They questioned if it here to see if it was some sort of lvd but no one knew, it wasn't in any manual what these lights meant. Could of just been human error or something unkown. I'll see if i can find it.
    this was it
    been a while since i read it so my story didn't quite match up lol
    Last edited by trax de max; 02-14-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    Problems.The manual's good starting point. Simple

RC Qualifier
    Now they only need to add a stronger servo(s), then the Summit would be perfect...
    This is a signature.

RC Qualifier
    I called Traxxas today to ask about the upgrade and the guy I talked to didn’t know anything about the EVX2 LVD. Said at this time he is not aware of Traxxas producing it. Maybe he was just out of the loop. IDK but I really hope they are going to make it.
    No you cant drive it
    my RC is owner operated only

RC Champion
    just found this under the new summit details section

EVX-2™ Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
    The EVX-2 delivers an incredible 16.8 volts from two battery packs. Designed by Traxxas, the EVX-2 features a completely waterproof design, low-voltage detection, three drive profiles, Thermal Shutdown Protection, and gold-plated, high-current battery connectors. The EVX-2 also includes patent-pending Training Mode™. This profile reduces the overall power output of the EVX-2 by 50% making it easier for young/new drivers to develop their control skills before unleashing full-power operation. The EVX-2 is manufactured by Traxxas to ensure the highest level of quality and support. Click here for more info.

heres the link
    http://traxxas.com/products/models/e...summit-details

so it looks like the new summit comes with LVD
    but under the EVX-2 page it says the EVX-2 doesnt have LVD so i dont kown if it doesnt or they just havent updated the page yet
    http://traxxas.com/products/parts/escs/evx2
    Last edited by scotthw; 02-15-2012 at 07:46 AM.
    if your not breaking anything get more air

That was the same story with the XL5 with LVD... it took a LONG time for the updated version to show up in the "esc" section of the site.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    i wonder if anyone with a new evx 2 would be kind enough to try it.
    will this mean there is going to be some alarms and cut offs for sale very soon.
    Problems.The manual's good starting point. Simple

RC Qualifier
    Very nice.. I see that now in the Specs. really glad they put that in there. Maybe there will be a power up program.
    No you cant drive it
    my RC is owner operated only

why not just buy your RTR Pave from traxxas.com then you would pay the SSP but wouldnt get a discount.
    DEU 8:18 ESV