RC poster

Link Receiver and Transmitter problems.

Hey there! I am having an issue with my traxxas Link receiver and the 2.4gz transmitter. I was driving my rally in my basement when all of the sudden the car braked and I lost control. I took of the body to find the link receiver blinking between green and red lights very fast.

I looked in the manual and thought that It may be a problem with the bind. And so I tried to re-bind the system but when I do the steps:

Hold set, then turn on transmitter. (red light blinks slow)
    Hold link, then turn on esc.

I get a green light on my transmitter, with a slow blinking red light on my receiver. I have let this go on for about 10 minutes and the problem still stands. I also have a green light on the ESC

Anyone know what I can do? I've read everything in the book and I can't call traxxas support because I live in Canada.

Much appreciated!

RC Racer
    I am having the same issues with binding. I must not be doing something right. Please help if anyone knows how to bind.

RC Competitor
    I have the same issue now with my Ultimate.

I've reset the transmitter but I can't get the esc to program. The steering works but no throttle just a blinking read light. When I disconnect the esc from the receiver (wheels still turn) the light on the esc goes to green.

Thoughts? Ideas? I read the manual and switched the multifunction knob to throttle trim at least I think I did and still nothing.

SS

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Try pulling the steering servo out of the car... or at least unplugging it from the Rx.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Try pulling the steering servo out of the car... or at least unplugging it from the Rx.
    I did but it still has zero throttle. I have the throttle trim on the MFK now and adjusted but still nada.

Sent via my communicator - SS

RC Enthusiast
    I have the same prob!but my esc light will be green my reciver will blink red and so will my remote I have a slash.

RC Competitor
    hey guys, recalibrate the ESC! had the same problem but no reverse or forwards. just recalibrate.

RC Qualifier
    I have the same problem when I stop using the transmitter for my T-Maxx and change over to the Merv. Both the transmitter and car off at first, then car on and then transmitter. It will bind immediately and the steering works, but then I have to turn the transmitter off and back on, X2 and then the Esc will function. I takes a couple of seconds for the Merv to "get it". I have a new steering servo, so I doubt it's that on mine. But many have reported a bad or hinky steering servo will cause weird things with the Esc.

By the way, let us know what you find out.

RC poster
    Having the same trouble. However the ESC doesn't respond with the blinks when trying running through process of resetting everything. It shows the first red blink and pull the throttle forward but the 2 blinks following just never happen so can't finish the. What then? Also, no throttle, brakes or steering with this problem.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Which RC is this in?
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.