RC Enthusiast

Traxxas 6516 TX multiple bind ??

Question is, how many cars can you bind one radio to? So far I have only been successful in binding it to one car at a time and once binded to one RX the radio will no longer work on any other. I am using the "inexpensive" TQ (not TQi) 6516 2 channel, binding it to the 6519 RX. The radio came with my Telluride and I am trying to use it for a custom build that I am running the same 6519 RX on.

Example, I bind it to the custom build, run it around and everything works as it should. Power down the custom build RX and the TX.
    Then I power back up the TX and the Telluride, nothing but a red light on the Telluride's RX. SOOOO, I bind the Telluride to the RX, run it around and of course everything works as it should. Power down and move back the custom build, not recognized.

Guess that was long winded but I wanted to make sure there were no questions in what I was doing. On Traxxas' site I can not find a manual for the 6516 TX so, other than the standard binding procedure, I have no idea if there is something I am missing.

I know, or I think I know, that on the higher priced TQi TX you can bind multiple RX's to the same TX without issue. Is this NOT possible with the 6516? If not it's not a big deal, I'll just buy the TQi and get on with it.

thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    It should remember the last 20 or 30 RC's... I think a call into Traxxas is in order as I think there is either something missed or something wrong with your Tx.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks, I will try that. I sure would be nice if there was a manual available online.

Directions should be in the manual of the RC... but I do agree; it would be nice if they had controller manuals without digging through RC manuals to find the info.

RC Enthusiast
    I believe there are binding directions with the rc, which I used to bind the TX to the custom build but after that the original bind to the Telluride was lost. It's like I have to bind each time I use either one.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok, I just called Traxxas support and...
    The model 6516 transmitter can only be bound with ONE receiver at a time, one remote=one bind. The older models of the TQ radio could be bound to up to 20, but the newer stripped down 6516 transmitter is one at a time. TQi here I come.

Thanks Jimmy Neutron for the response

Wow... I didn't realize they stripped it down that far!

Are you wanting telemetry?
    The reason I ask is that I am very happy with my FlySky... I have a modified GT3B, but the newer GT3C is pretty slick too.

Features that lured me to FlySky:
    $40-50 for a brand new one depending on demand and where purchased.
    Can be hacked to have 8 Channels.
    Once hacked ($30 to hack) it will have just as many if not more features than $200-300 systems.
    3 Channel receivers are $8.
    3 Channel receivers can handle up to 8.4 volts... possibly the 6 and 8 channel ones too.
    3 and 6 channel receivers fit in most (if not all) Traxxas receiver boxes.
    Has a screen to see what you are programming over blinking LED's.
    Spectacular range.
    Can be bound to 10+ models... hacked 3 channel is something like 60 models.

RC Enthusiast
    Eh, I don't have a need for anything fancy. Only 1 of my current 6 cars has a need for a 3rd channel, and that's my wife's 3906 Emaxx for 2nd gear. The only reason I wanted something that could recognize multiple cars was to reduce my remotes. I had looked in to the Flyskys, and actually have a GT2 coming from Hong Kong with a truck that looks just like one made by someone else for 1/4 the price (brushed though). Unfortunately I already ordered the TQ3 with plans of using the Flysky on my wife's since it does have a 3rd channel and using the TQi for the rest. The Flysky is tempting, does the GT2 have the capability to bind to multiple RX's?

I am not sure... I have never owned that controller.

RC Racer
    It kind of sucks that they nerfed the new TQ. On the plus side you can mod it to unlock the third channel.

RC Enthusiast
    Guess I will see when it comes in, receivers are super cheap.

It does suck, guess it is the ever ending quest to cut costs...or make more money. Oh well, on other forums people really bash Traxxas for being parts bin RC's..I kind of like the interchangability myself, just put a set of Slash bumpers on my daughters Telluride, looks awesome and of course fit like the ones it was originally outfitted with.

How is the third channel unlocked? Supposed I could search and find out.

RC Racer
    The Latrax radio and the TQ are the same:

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-3-Channel-Mod

RC Enthusiast
    ^^ That is awesome and easy, thanks!!!

RC poster
    I have the 6516 TX and need to find manual/operating instructions! Need to reverse the throttle!!??
    Thanx: BILL J.

What RC do you have?