RC Qualifier

Parallel Charge Board for 6amp EZ Peak

I know the Traxxas one (TRA2917) is due out soon, but I'm wondering if a normal balance board will work with the 6amp EZ Peak. Have any of you tried it or know if it works? My LHS guy has an extra from progressiveRC that I can get for, and get today if I wanted. I mean, all the plugs and everything will fit I'm sure, I'm just wondering if other than having to mess with adapters and such there is something fundamentally different with the factory one?
    P2de VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    Got one from progressiverc a week or so ago. Been using it ever since, works swimmingly. Charging 2 x 8200mah Lipos at capacity (6 amps) and no issues.

Going to test out a temperature sensor that utilizes the generic 3 wire j-port and see how that goes, as I would like to have a temp cut-off just in case. I would prefer factory, but the TRA one isn't even listed anywhere yet.
    P2de VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    Okay, so the temperature sensor for the Hitec X4 fits like a glove and seems to work just fine. I stuck my finger up to it and it reads at about 28C+ which is in line with what my IR temp reader says. I will do some testing to verify battery temps, but it seems to be working spot on. Also, it has a tiny magnet in it so it sticks to the battery, which is nice as I thought I'd have to rubber band it or something looking at the picture.

I'm all about getting factory stuff, but until that gets released....I'm very gunshy about having this stuff charging behind me without every safeguard possible in place. I've got the temp threshold on the EZ Peak set at 52C (125F)
    P2de VXL - Summit