RC Qualifier

Lock out steering trim knob??

I have a New Traxxas Link TQi 3 channel 2.4ghz Radio with 6510 Docking Base & 5 Channel Link 6518 Receiver.

My question is:

When I have my iPhone attached to transmitter with the traxxas link app open and operating, can I make the steering trim knob on transmitter inoperable?? It makes no sense to me why the steering trim knob can still make changes while IPhone is attached and running. I want to be able to lock out steering trim knob and use the on screen adjustment only for fine tuning steering trim. If I accidently bump the steering trim knob, then my settings are off. I've tried the override transmitter toggle in settings but, knob still works.

Any help would b appreciated. Thanks!

Bswift
    FASTEST "recorded/proven" JATO'S-3.3 AND Big block

RC Champion
    I understand completely what you're saying; mine does the same thing. It's annoying. I just try not to bump the trim knob...

Maybe call 1-888-Traxxas on Monday and see what they say?
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bswift View Post
    I have a New Traxxas Link TQi 3 channel 2.4ghz Radio with 6510 Docking Base & 5 Channel Link 6518 Receiver.

My question is:

When I have my iPhone attached to transmitter with the traxxas link app open and operating, can I make the steering trim knob on transmitter inoperable?? It makes no sense to me why the steering trim knob can still make changes while IPhone is attached and running. I want to be able to lock out steering trim knob and use the on screen adjustment only for fine tuning steering trim. If I accidently bump the steering trim knob, then my settings are off. I've tried the override transmitter toggle in settings but, knob still works.

Any help would b appreciated. Thanks!

Bswift
    You can program the extra knob to do nothing. Go through the programming tree in the back of your model manual.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ROB311952 View Post
    You can program the extra knob to do nothing. Go through the programming tree in the back of your model manual.
    Never knew that. Thanks.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot