Thread: Wheel Slop

RC Competitor

Wheel Slop

I have had this wheel slop since I have owned this truck. When I ran my 23mm hexs the slop was gone but I went back to the 17mm stock hexs and it came back. If I move the wheel from side to side while looking at the hex I can see where the slop is coming from. Its where the drive shaft sticks out of the hex. you can see play like the drive shaft thickness isnt thick enough for the stock hexs. Is that from normal wear? Or is that the way it is? Do you think if I get new hexs it will go away or is that ust traxxas way of not making tight tolerences?

RC Champion
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ing-(pictures)

It is definately an issue from the factory.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Or you could use Savage hexes....

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread....-Savage-hexes.

RC Qualifier
    Has anyone tried using the xo1 wheel hex set up yet ?
    I read somewhere that they will work
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I got a little carried away with the XO last night.... it looks like a monster truck now.

But hey, I'm willing to try.... tonight I'll swap the hexes over to the ERBE and see if it works.

RC Qualifier
    That would be great this way we will all know first before spending the money on them i read on rctech they fit but was never answered when I asked about if shims needed or not there is just so many people and threads over there that once you post its over looked pushed to page 2 with in seconds
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Racer
    I use the integy extensions which gets rid of the slop....although I do use thread locker to ensure the screw stays tight

RC Champion
    I started putting flat nylon washer (3/8 x .194 x 1/32) between my Traxxas 17mm hex and the axle carrier. The washers take up the space and reduces the amount the hex can rock or pivot on the axle. But they still allow everything to spin free.