RC Qualifier

On Clay: AKA Rebars vs. Proline Suburbs, other

For running a Clay indoor track: I ended up with AKA Rebars mounted on Proline Suspension Kit Split Six for ProTrac Suspension Kit rims. I goofed on the "too narrow" rims, but I haven't been flipping over at the clay track.
    Anyway, the AKA Rebars grip well forward, but I find they slide to the side alot in curves.
    Has anyone compared the AKA Rebars to others on Clay?
    Do Proline Suburbs do well forward and curves?
    Other recommended tires for Clay?

This is what I have mounted now:
    Proline Suspension Kit Split Six for ProTrac Suspension Kit rims
    http://prolineracing.com/wheels/prot...-piece-wheels/

AKA 1:10 REBAR SC Soft with Red inserts 13008SR
    http://www.raceaka.com/110-REBAR-SC-...air_p_405.html
    Warning: BAD PERSON-10pt infraction for trolling

RC Qualifier
    They are basically the same tire. From there it's all about compound. Talking from experience, I have soft compound suburbs that are horrible on a tacky wet clay. I also have a set of clay compound suburbs and they are absolutely amazing. And from your post, it sounds like you have soft compound tires. And as I said, if it is a tacky clay those tires will slide everywhere. Hope this helps some.
    1 Summit w/ 14.4v Dewalt
    2 Slash 4x4 Ultimate's

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by spartandeadinwater138 View Post
    They are basically the same tire. From there it's all about compound. Talking from experience, I have soft compound suburbs that are horrible on a tacky wet clay. I also have a set of clay compound suburbs and they are absolutely amazing. And from your post, it sounds like you have soft compound tires. And as I said, if it is a tacky clay those tires will slide everywhere. Hope this helps some.
    I also have the suburbs m3 i think (soft) CRAP on clay last weekend I ended up using the proline switches they did fine. after reading about the suburbs MC tires i wanna buy new ones and try them. I did use some wd40 on tires then wiped them off really good. helped alot!

RC Enthusiast
    I have soft comp calibers and soft subcultures and well the calibers when track has just been watered are real good, after it drys out the slide way to much. Subs just not working for me anytime. This is indoor clay track.
    Its funny you look at guys running and one guy is fast is on trenchers, another guy is on suburbs, and another is on the stock tires from an associated sc..

RC Racer
    tires make such a huge diff. I looked at several different sites before i found the suburbs instock So i ordered the MC ones. I will give them another try since these are the MC ones and the ones i had before were the m3. I did order a 1/8 scale late model body to run on my slash for when i race oval. it will help truck handle so much better.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdtime View Post
    I have soft comp calibers and soft subcultures and well the calibers when track has just been watered are real good, after it drys out the slide way to much. Subs just not working for me anytime. This is indoor clay track.
    Its funny you look at guys running and one guy is fast is on trenchers, another guy is on suburbs, and another is on the stock tires from an associated sc..
    That's weird you haven't had any luck with the suburbs. They are hands down the best tire I have found for clay. Just gotta get the right compound depending on whether it's tacky or dry.
    Anyway, that is funny about someone being fast with Trenchers!! Considering those are in no way considered a racing tire. Lol. But if it works for the guy more power to him. Lol.
    1 Summit w/ 14.4v Dewalt
    2 Slash 4x4 Ultimate's

RC Qualifier
    I think I am learning how to fix these tires...
    It's probably not the tires!
    I regret that I am just now getting around to reading the Slayden info on suspension setup.
    But I'm on it! I called in sick today (pinkeye), and suspension setup must be good therapy for something...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    I use aka cityblocks on outdoor dusty clay, I thought they ran well. Felt nice, grippy, little sliding but the trucks a powerhouse and its hard to keep it from spinning in any condition.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Enthusiast
    yep its odd but trenchers are working for him. I just dont get it, I put on a hard comp tire and it hooked up great, braking was great, makes a screeching sound when braking hard into turns, was working pretty well for me. but all they local guys say run the suburbs. I tried them for a few laps and wasnt feeling them. oh well keep trying tires i will find something, just will be about the same time when weather gets better and then move to outdoors tracks..

RC poster
    I was running Proline Calibers and just switched to JConcepts BarCodes soft compound (orange) at the indoor clay track. The Prolines worked pretty well when it was wet but not so good on dry. The BarCodes work AWESOME for me all the time. I was surprised by how incredibly well they hook up.

RC Qualifier
    I'm gonna have to try some of those. It looks like the local advice I got to run the AKA Rebars, is not being followed by anyone else anywhere.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by KewlToy View Post
    I'm gonna have to try some of those. It looks like the local advice I got to run the AKA Rebars, is not being followed by anyone else anywhere.
    Thats because the rebars are the AKA equivalent to the proline suburbs and the jconcepts bar codes. All are very similar tires, just different brands. Just depends who you ask as to what brand they tell you. Its more about the style of tire they tell you to run VS. the name brand.
    1 Summit w/ 14.4v Dewalt
    2 Slash 4x4 Ultimate's

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spartandeadinwater138 View Post
    Thats because the rebars are the AKA equivalent to the proline suburbs and the jconcepts bar codes. All are very similar tires, just different brands. Just depends who you ask as to what brand they tell you. Its more about the style of tire they tell you to run VS. the name brand.
    Thanks Spartan.
    I'll be trying the AKA Rebars with the Slayden Suspension setup this Wednesday...
    Watch for me on the cover of RC-Driver magazine!

Good luck to you
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM